Community
Wiki Posts
Search

crystals

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default crystals

i was just wondering if anyone uses any other frequencies in their rc cars. i have the slash among a couple other cars and i want a different frequency than the usual 6 on the 27MHz. does anyone use the 75MHz, 72MHz or 49MHz frequencies in their rc cars?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtybird103
i was just wondering if anyone uses any other frequencies in their rc cars. i have the slash among a couple other cars and i want a different frequency than the usual 6 on the 27MHz. does anyone use the 75MHz, 72MHz or 49MHz frequencies in their rc cars?
If you run FM 40MHz you'd probably not have many overlapping issues since very few run that frequency. Look for a cheap DSM radio like a Spektrum DX2, it's much better than running FM or AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

like this one.
Attached Thumbnails crystals-futk2020.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The radio that comes with the Slash is a 27mhz AM and you only have 6 frequencies to choose from. You could go 75mhz and have 30 frequencies to choose from... but if you are going to upgrade, you might as well go 2.4ghz and not worry about frequencies at all...

I had used 27mhz for over a decade.. racing too... it got to be such a pain at the track because most of the RTR cars started coming out with 27mhz, it was so difficult to get any track time. About 4 or so years ago when the 2.4ghz came out, it was a godsend! I haven't looked back since!

With a 2.4ghz, you "bind" your radio and receiver(s) together and they find an open "channel" within the 2.4ghz range and are encoded. It is extremely rare for you to have any problems.. if you do, you just turn them off and on again and they find a new chanel.. but like I said, it is EXTREMELY rare.

You can find these radios for just over $100 and top of the line for about $200 nowadays.

Even the lower end radios are exponentially better than the basic Traxxas radio you get with the slash. Tons of trims and adjustments as well as several car settings for multiple vehicles. Even if it was just for the 2.4ghz it's worth it for the amount of track time you gain without any headaches!

Have fun!

Jerome