Wiki Posts
Search

Kits should come with spare's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
You come race my car, but since it's my car I get the prizes and the glory.
I hope it came with plenty of spares, you'll need them then.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Geez guys. When a car comes with tuning parts its the greatest thing ever. Whats wrong with including a few spares on pieces that break. It can only help keep people in the hobby. I agree they make a good deal of the income off of parts but what could an extra shock tower hurt.
well people arent going to quit after breaking a rear ti rod or something...
Old 01-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just finished fixing a XXT for my cousin who did just that so yes they will. Most of the causal people dont know much about tracks hen they first start and if they dont find the part where they bought the car it sits.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It definitely would be nice if a Manufacturer came up with a kit with some parts to keep things going just in case of a mishap.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DG Designs
I just finished fixing a XXT for my cousin who did just that so yes they will. Most of the causal people dont know much about tracks hen they first start and if they dont find the part where they bought the car it sits.
Really? Someone's going to invest hundreds of dollars in a racing RC setup (motor, batteries, charger, radio, car, etc) then leave it sit on a shelf because they broke a $6 part? Really?

Honestly, this has got to be one of the more retarded RCTech threads since B-Mag left.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i can and have seen cars sit after breaking for years. Hobby shops are not always local. What parts should they include? The parts you break or the ones i break? I don't think parts should come in kits. Its all part of learning.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Really? Someone's going to invest hundreds of dollars in a racing RC setup (motor, batteries, charger, radio, car, etc) then leave it sit on a shelf because they broke a $6 part? Really?

Honestly, this has got to be one of the more retarded RCTech threads since B-Mag left.
The guys turning their noses at an idea of some extra parts in a kit is just mind boggling...
Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The best way to get spares is to buy two cars. Then have a spare for everything, HA! HA! Manufacturer's would have to raise the price to maintain earnings.

Seriously it would be nice if the manufacturer or seller would provide a list of parts that are normally breakable items for the beginner to order with the kit or RTR.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
First people don't want to build a kit so we get RTR's. Now people don't want to buy spares. What's next then?
Next will be RTRs that comes with its own driver so you can just sit back with your bag of Doritos and watch it drive around the track...

Seriously though, I think spare parts would be great but to what point and which parts would they include? I sometimes would stock on some commonly broken parts like the front A-arms for example, but many times I break stuff that I didn't stock up on.

As an example, on my BJ4WE, I've never stocked up on the rear shock towers since the wing mounts (with the wing) usually protected it.

On my B44, the wing mount gave, which made it swing out to one side, thich then exposed the opposite part of the rear shock tower, and bam, the rear shock tower broke.

I always have plenty of front arms (I've been breaking them less frequently), but this past Saturday, one of my rear drive shaft kept popping out, I finally figured out that it was because I cracked the rear arm on that side which made the drive shaft pop out...

Needless to say, rear Wing Mounts, rear shock tower, and rear arms were not something that I regular stock in my pit box...

But things like an extra diff balls, diff rings, would be a nice touch. How about an extra set of rims? That would be cool too, except that I usually never buy the kitted white colored rims and opt for the fluorescent yellow kind, or even better yet, the after market stuff like JConcept's Rulux wheels.

I'm kinda glad that many of kits don't include extras, since that would most likely jack up the cost of the kits. You gotta remember that kits aren't solely based off of what the parts cost them, the costs are marked up because of the "handling" fees of the middleman and distributors (hobby shops gotta make money or they close)...

I don't think it costs the "chinese children" in the factories to throw in extra parts, but by the time it funnels down to the end user, we could be paying five to ten times the extra cost (the price you would pay had you bought it separately). Except this would be a forced buy and not a voluntary buy.

Also, what guarantee do you have that you won't buy any more spare parts after you break your first set of spares?

Related to this topic, I do like the idea of how some of the smaller houses out there offer racing packs, such as the ones from TTech and RC Product, that offers a full complement of spares since their parts are hard to come by...

For stuff like AE, Losi, Traxxas, Tamiya, Kyosho, and etc., I rather buy them piece wise, buy them as I break them!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I rather buy them piece wise, buy them as I break them!!!
+1
Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

selling parts in where the profit comes from.. i am sure that would include extra parts for a higher initial cost of the kit. would that be worth it?

i would rather spend the extra money on parts that i need and not what somone decided they wanted to include in the kit
Old 01-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

I think most of you are missing the point. No one is saying put 2 cars in a box. Just a spare arm, shocktower, etc. Probably would add $5 to the price of a kit at most. Are you telling me you wouldnt pay $5 bucks to have more tracks available because that is what it comes down too. If the hobby isnt growing new tracks are not going to open and existing ones are going to keep closing. Those of you comparing this to real cars cant be serious. How many times have you had your Civic to 300mph and jumped it 100 feet. And as far as having a driver come with the car, whatever
Old 01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

I think we are getting your point...we just don't agree. I know I don't.

I highly doubt including spares with kits will have ANY bearing on whether or not tracks will open or close.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

I think thats because everyone here thinks like a racer, not a newbe. No worries thats why its called a discussion board.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I don't see anything wrong with a couple extra parts in a kit at all. Try as I might I can not understand why anyone would object to this. An extra set of arms and a shock tower or something along those lines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.