Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc pro seiries keepin it alive

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default rc pro seiries keepin it alive

looks like they went and changed the monster truck class to extreme truck class! LOL. it kinda like it and for us electric guys we couls run our erevo's or soon to be out e flux savage in this class. they reworked some simple rules wich is nice, i sure hope this class survives as i used to race monster trucks and thought it was a fun class. rc racing in general needs more classes at club and pro level to keep racing interesting across america. i hate to say this as im a racer to butt sometimes racers can kinda kill the hobby by being closed minded about what classes are race classes, like only alowing 1/8th scale buggies and truggies and remember truggy guys the monster truck class created you! LOL. and electric guys only thinking truck/buggy is a race class as so many racers already hate the slash class mainly because its different. heck the owner of chillicoffe race track in MO. that is hosting a big race this month is not alowing any slash class at his track. being closed minded like that hurts this hobby in the end and it will hurt youre track turnout in the end. im sure glad to see rc pro trying to keep the extreme truck class going and i may decide to run an erevo in this class this summer. just remember the more race classes we have at our tracks the better turnout we will have at our tracks.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

RC Pro has stepped up and started a "Spec" Slash class also!

====

Farmers Hobby and Raceway in Tampa, FL encourages racers to race Slash's. Last Sat they had their "New Years Scramble" which was a ele (any class) "only" race.

Slash class had two stock heats and one mod heat!! That was 24 Slash's racing at $15.00 / $20.00 per! Guess some tracks don't need the $$$$$$$$$ I race MOD Slash (non-stock tires!!)

http://farmershobbyshop.com/

DC Off-Road RC Park in Avon Park, FL is having a Slash ONLY race event 1/31/09 AND their track has a CORR look to it!!!

http://www.dcoffroadrcpark.org/index.html

Old 01-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I am guilty of hateing slash. I don't mind them having a class though.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

continue to race whatever puts people at the races.. that is all that matters IMO
Old 01-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jamminnay
continue to race whatever puts people at the races.. that is all that matters IMO
Exactly it doesn't matter what class you like just go to the track and race. It takes money and help to keep the tracks open and we have lost a lot in the last couple years.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I am guilty of hateing slash. I don't mind them having a class though.
100% Slash Hater here !