Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how many different versions of the xxx buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Texracer~ post count has nothing to do with what i said.. i was simply stating that with a few updates this car could be updated to a bk2.. it is my opinion that it is best to update the arms to the VLA. i raced the bk2 and the xxx so i feel i can make reccomendations as i wish.

it is your opinion to leave it as it is! what makes your opinion more important then mine?

if you have concerns about my posts feel free to contact me via pm
Old 01-20-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Why do people even try??lol

Did losi ever make a shock tower in graphite that looks like the XXX,XXXbk,XXXspec,XXXbk2 tower?
Nope.
Trinity did.

Plus I will say I have been around for a while and I have NEVER seen losi have a graphite tower for the XXX cr buggy. Can you get me a part # because I have never seen it. Not saying they didn't and not saying I couldn't be wrong. Just saying I have never seen it.

Guys alot of this is for fun. Answer what you know and then CHECK the rest. Don't speak before knowing is all. You can REALLY mislead people that way.

If I don't know I don't try to B.S. my way through it like alot of people did on this post. I thank anyone that is trying to help. But if you don't know you don't know.

Last edited by TexRacer; 01-26-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Tex, you are absolutely right, some of these posts, not just this thread of course... hopefully not too many of mine

But at the risk of flogging a dead horse, I have a question relating to the front tower. Is it possible that there is some confusion with definitions? I’m thinking of the graphite term, it’s used in some cases to refer to molded graphite, like the graphite arms for example. But I think some call the flat (or nearly so) woven/layered/whatever parts, like the stock tower and the original JR-X2 chassis for example, graphite. Think of the old RC10 Graphite edition. I've also heard them called carbon fibre. What is the correct term for those parts? Are the examples I mention even more different than I realize? Note I'm not familiar with the Trinity tower.

Last edited by Dave H; 01-20-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...l?sfs=1717af35

There is your LOSI graphite shock tower. There was a number of other manufacturers that did make the 3 position Graphite shock towers as well besides trinity, In fact I have one on my original(1999) and my Bk2 convert to CR. (no need for the losi product when the innermost hole isnt really necessary). The trinity one was just plain ugly.

And tex, enough of your slander, ygpm
Old 01-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Wayboarder- I will not EAT IT but thanks for the nice PM. lol.
I guess you still have a problem reading.
I stated I could be wrong. Im a man and can admit when Im wrong or take fault when something I do goes wrong. Unlike 80% of the world today that blames everyone else.

I have not raced lately due to my mom's health. I am always the one helping others and LOVE to do so. I stated that I had not seen a graphite shock tower(Due to not racing) and wanted someone to show it so OTHERS could see it. You did just that so I thank you for taking the time to do so.
The funny part is I had searched and found the tower but was leaving for work and said oh well. It will make the post fun and im sure SOMEONE will post it and you did so.
Just stirring it up a lil on this thread because so many people had spoke without knowledge. It kind of HIGHLIGHTS it if you know what I mean.
No harm no foul.
Im sure you understand JOKES right? Maybe not...
Oh well.
Thanks for the PM though. You seem like such a nice guy. lol.

Last edited by TexRacer; 01-26-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

First off I want to thank everyone for all the information. I have definitely learned a lot.
I am going to go down the posts and list my comments/question in order

As far as the front shock tower, I did not mean to say graphite. I meant carbon fiber. But looking at the picture way boarder linked to I don’t think it is that. I only have 3 holes on each side. Might be an older version though. I don’t think its that big of a deal really.

Looking at losipartshouse there doesn’t seem to be many listed for the xxx but a good amount for the cr and bk2. I will just order from those lists if not listed under xxx.

Since I have to use the update front and rear arms that have the extra hole on the outer hinges which hole do I use?

I do have to get a new rear shock tower as 2 holes on one of the sides are missing/broke off.

Yes I am going to order a new screw kit. Might try and get that off eBay. Seems to be cheaper. one that has been torn apart and resold for parts. Should I stay away from the stainless steel screw kits. The rest of the screws on the car do not look that bad. Might just order what I need.

After I get used to driving the car I will look into changing the servo stuff. Here is the servo I have http://www.gpdealera.com/cgi-bin/wga...pgm?I=FUTM0710 looks to be a pretty basic analog servo

The shock bushings are wrong now that I look at it. Good eye there Dave. Now it looks to me that the longer ones should go on the front and the short on the rear. Am I correct on this.

Tires I have a new set of losi pink tapers. So I am good there. I am looking to get some more sets too.

If I do keep this I was thinking of getting the threaded shocks for it. Can I just get this kit http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ck-Body/Detail and be able to reuse everything else. I.e. shock shafts and pistons\ and lower shock cap.
Where can I find more info on the different shock pistons. I see a couple of different colors.

The ti ball studs I see different sizes listed. Length and circumference. I have looked but don’t see where to buy the gold losi washers..

as far as setting it up. should i just go into the xxx-cr long post that is on here and read up.

I am going to send you a pm texracer

Last edited by dawg; 01-20-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Location: Naperville, Illinois- on to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana Racetracks!
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by dawg
First off I want to thank everyone for all the information. I have definitely learned a lot.

If I do keep this I was thinking of getting the threaded shocks for it. Can I just get this kit http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ck-Body/Detail and be able to reuse everything else. I.e. shock shafts and pistons\ and lower shock cap.
Yep, you can just plug in your cartridge/shafts, bottoms right on in.

Originally Posted by dawg
Where can I find more info on the different shock pistons. I see a couple of different colors.
From smallest hole to largest hole (# corespondents to a drill size)
#60 (Natural)
#57 (Black)
#56 (Red)
#55 (Orange)
#54 (Blue)
Old 01-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Wayboarder- Someone please give this guy a hug. He isn't feeling ANY love.
None,Zilch,Zero. Patting WayB on the head. He owned a XXX and a Bk2.
lol. Gotta love it.

Jim,
I hope I helped with your PM. Couple of those aren't too bad of deals.
Again make note of the XXXT wheels and tires that you won't need unless your running a XXXTcr edition truck.

Jim,
Your tower is different but the one WayB posted is the new tower and YES that one is graphite. Good job WayB.
It has an extra inner tunning hole. That's the only difference. That and's the way it looks. It will bolt right up.

New Front and Rear Arms. You will use the hingepin location that keeps the same wheelbase as you have now.

Stainless Screws- Not bad but do NOT use them at the top of the shock tower in which it holds the top of the shock. They are weaker than Black STEEL screws and will bend in these locations. In all the other area's they are usually fine.

Gold Losi Washer's. Check your local hobby shop. They probally have them.
When it comes to titanium ballstuds. Buy Losi's or HG(Hammand Ghuman I think it was).
Old 01-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

when you order your screw kit consider getting a kit that is not stainless.. the stainless screws strip very easy and the heads can get deformed on the body of the chassis.. this is just my opinion as i have had bad experience with stainless screws
Old 01-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Jammin is correct. If you are to buy Stainless then make sure it's by a quality company. There are different grades.

Jammin- That is a sweet paint job as your avatar. Is that your scheme? Very nice.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:33 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just call tony p and be done with it.

still run across folks that still prefer the original xxx. to each their own

R
Old 01-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TexRacer
Jammin is correct. If you are to buy Stainless then make sure it's by a quality company. There are different grades.

Jammin- That is a sweet paint job as your avatar. Is that your scheme? Very nice.
yes it is my new scheme.. going to pick it up friday and i cannot wait!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TexRacer

Jim,
Your tower is different but the one WayB posted is the new tower and YES that one is graphite. Good job WayB.
It has an extra inner tunning hole. That's the only difference. That and's the way it looks. It will bolt right up.
the extra mounting hole isn't the only difference between the original xxx/bk2 tower and the newer CR tower. The CR tower is around 0.060" taller. If you mount it on any of the XXX cars you will lose 0.060" droop with no other changes. I always run the original or the Trinity tower to get the extra droop.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

do i do the ti ball studs through out or just in certain spots.
since its recommended to use the gold washer behind the ball stud do i need to get a longer one in that position? ie one on the rear shock tower area calls for 3/8 do i use the next size up or will there be plenty of length on it and just use the one it calls for.
is it recommended to use the foam thingies on tie rod ends at the ball studs. i suppose it is since i will be riunning in the dirt and it will help keep it out.

will it be a good idea to get the threaded shocks.
are there other shocks from a losi that fit on the xxx-cr. just curious if i look on ebay.

i know this site has alot of great info but is there a losi specialized one out there. everyone i have found either has not had a post in a couple of years or not much at all for the xxx-cr.

thanks again for all the help.
dawg
Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Dawg- Threaded shocks are for convience. Your shocks are fine and work great. You just have to adjust them with a wrench is all.
Losi only made Non-Threaded and Threaded shocks.
No others were made.

I use titanium ballstuds in the rear tower and in the front shock tower.
You wanna buy them long enough to where they have good thread in the nylon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.