Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
IFMar Worlds '09..................Electric...... >

IFMar Worlds '09..................Electric......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IFMar Worlds '09..................Electric......

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The best driver that weekend will win...
Old 01-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
Stupid question: Like on the nitro Worlds it was 1/8 buggy. What is going to be the class(es) for this? Neverless, LOSI!!!!!
lol...losi?? u might as well have said duratrax!
i think u could count on one hand how many losi drivers were at the worlds in 07.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid
i think u could count on one hand how many losi drivers were at the worlds in 07.
I never even knew about the Worlds before the 2008 Nitro!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid
They didnt send a team, the ones that went footed there own bill to go. They have other competitions in their sights.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Kyosho and Tebo.
I would say as of right now, that might be the best choice for the worlds, but RC, and RM of AE will be in or just out side of the top 3.

Although if team USA sweeps 1st, 2nd, and 3rd then I say it takes the cake.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

So when and where is the worlds this year? This is good because it'll let us see what the manufacturers have been hiding up their sleeves....
Old 01-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

The electric worlds is being held in South Africa and I believe it is September.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
Stupid question: Like on the nitro Worlds it was 1/8 buggy. What is going to be the class(es) for this? Neverless, LOSI!!!!!
REALLY???? I think it will be front wheel drive Electric Truck and Electric Dirtbike. I know these classes are not very popular in the US, but this is the world championships, not the ROAR nationals. Weird huh? What classes are there in 1/10 scale electric off-road? 2wd and 4wd Buggy and Truck. Truck is only raced in the U.S. So what do you think that leaves? Oh by the way it wasn't just the Nitro Worlds it was the 2008 IFMAR 1/8 Buggy Worlds, hence the 1/8 scale buggys. Like I said Trucks are raced almost exclusively in the U.S. whether it is an Electric Truck, a Nitro Truck, or a Truggy. We have pretty much the only officiating body (ROAR) that has a set of rules for trucks. Losi didn't even send any drivers last year. They (Losi) don't care about 1/10 scale electric any more. I doubt Losi will ever release another new 1/10 scale off-road race vehicle. They are concentrating on other things (1/8 scale) and thats fine, but with the rising cost of nitro fuel and the resurgence 1/10 scale has seen in the last couple years, (10 different manufactures that make competitive 4wds, and 6 different manufactures that make competitive 2wds) I think Losi is gonna find its lack of development is gonna leave them in the dust. Now that the whole brushless/lipo thing is starting to be the norm, the next generation of vehicles are going to be designed with those things in mind i.e. transmission ratios optimized for brushless motors, suspension geometry optimized for the lighter weight batteries. The rules will probably be changed to reflect the lighter weight cars. The next generation of cars are going to be better than the current bandaid mobiles we have been driving. Too bad Losi probably won't have a new vehicle. They might release a "new" car that has a different ratio transmission, but that might even be pushing Losi's development dollars. Horizon just wants them to concentrate on 1/8 scale and subsequently electric 1/8 scale.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
REALLY???? I think it will be front wheel drive Electric Truck and Electric Dirtbike. I know these classes are not very popular in the US, but this is the world championships, not the ROAR nationals. Weird huh? What classes are there in 1/10 scale electric off-road? 2wd and 4wd Buggy and Truck. Truck is only raced in the U.S. So what do you think that leaves? Oh by the way it wasn't just the Nitro Worlds it was the 2008 IFMAR 1/8 Buggy Worlds, hence the 1/8 scale buggys. Like I said Trucks are raced almost exclusively in the U.S. whether it is an Electric Truck, a Nitro Truck, or a Truggy. We have pretty much the only officiating body (ROAR) that has a set of rules for trucks. Losi didn't even send any drivers last year. They (Losi) don't care about 1/10 scale electric any more. I doubt Losi will ever release another new 1/10 scale off-road race vehicle. They are concentrating on other things (1/8 scale) and thats fine, but with the rising cost of nitro fuel and the resurgence 1/10 scale has seen in the last couple years, (10 different manufactures that make competitive 4wds, and 6 different manufactures that make competitive 2wds) I think Losi is gonna find its lack of development is gonna leave them in the dust. Now that the whole brushless/lipo thing is starting to be the norm, the next generation of vehicles are going to be designed with those things in mind i.e. transmission ratios optimized for brushless motors, suspension geometry optimized for the lighter weight batteries. The rules will probably be changed to reflect the lighter weight cars. The next generation of cars are going to be better than the current bandaid mobiles we have been driving. Too bad Losi probably won't have a new vehicle. They might release a "new" car that has a different ratio transmission, but that might even be pushing Losi's development dollars. Horizon just wants them to concentrate on 1/8 scale and subsequently electric 1/8 scale.

Sweeeeet! Where do I sign up for the "Electric Dirtbike" class! Thats gonna rock!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Kyosho.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Kyosho ZX5 FS
Old 01-02-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Team Associated WILL win!!!!1!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
REALLY???? I think it will be front wheel drive Electric Truck and Electric Dirtbike. I know these classes are not very popular in the US, but this is the world championships, not the ROAR nationals. Weird huh? What classes are there in 1/10 scale electric off-road? 2wd and 4wd Buggy and Truck. Truck is only raced in the U.S. So what do you think that leaves? Oh by the way it wasn't just the Nitro Worlds it was the 2008 IFMAR 1/8 Buggy Worlds, hence the 1/8 scale buggys. Like I said Trucks are raced almost exclusively in the U.S. whether it is an Electric Truck, a Nitro Truck, or a Truggy. We have pretty much the only officiating body (ROAR) that has a set of rules for trucks. Losi didn't even send any drivers last year. They (Losi) don't care about 1/10 scale electric any more.
It was just a simple question.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

the other question I would like to know is if IFMAR will have lipo legal for the worlds - it would be good to see the worlds best using what the rest of us are
Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

My money is on Tebo and the K-Cars. I think that's going to be an Unstoppable combination.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.