R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to Nostrixoxide
Default Wow, I forgot how fun this thing was.

So I dug out some of my old RC stuff from the rafters today & low & behold there was my Losi XX4. Just for sh_t's n giggles I thought heck lets see if the battery is still good in this thing. So I charged it up & she held.

Once she was all charged up I went out front & took it for alittle spin. Man I almost forgot how fun this buggy is. It turns on a dime, takes off like a bat outta hell & is just so smooth to drive. I don't know how fast it really is, but I'd guess maybe 30mph or so.

I'm so happy I decided to check the rafters today. Kinda like finding alittle gold mine up there for me. I remember buying the XX4 back in 1997 from a close friend of mine. It was much faster back then but I got tired of having to change broken drive belts so I stepped it down to a 10t double.

I'd really like to take this thing to the dirt but I don't wanna risk breaking anything on it. I'm not sure if parts are still available. I noticed today that the passenger side CVD's had alittle wobble to them. I wonder if I can still buy replacements for it.

Anyways, just thought I'd share my little story with ya'll. I wouldn't be suprized if these little buggy's could hang with the new technology of today. Such a great design "except for the multi belt system". I wonder if that old conversion they had for these things is still around? If I remember right it converted the car to a single belt but the kit was almost as much as the car new back in the day.
Nostrixoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

xx-4 parts are still out there... the xx-4 is still a very competitive and common car to see out at the track
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I believe in 2006 Losi re released the XX4 as a special limited release. Many ppl regard this as the better of the two 4wd buggies Losi released. Parts should still be available for it. Check your LHS, if that doesn't help go to Horizon Hobby. They now own Losi and stock plenty of parts. Welcome back to the hobby!
How would I describe my holeshots?

Three words...

Ready... Steady... Confetti!!!! (gonna need a new one of those)
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Also check out losipartshouse.com
Losi 8ight 1.5 ~ 8T ~ XXX Buggy ~ Mini-Baja

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to Nostrixoxide

Thanks for the links guy's. It's good to know I can be destructive again & not worry about finding parts for this beast.
Nostrixoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah that single belt drive kit is still available, and its still exspensive like it was back then, but its worth it i think
Team Losi XX4 WE Brushless
philippinesboy is offline   Reply With Quote