Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default What to buy?

Hello everyone I am new to this forum but have been coming here to find out info. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what i should buy with my Christmas money. I have $300 and right now i have a B44 with a Novak GTB and 6.5r. I am thinking of getting a new car maybe a T4. Do you think i should just stick to the B44 or go ahead and try something new? Or if you have another idea, that is welcome. Thank you, Curtis.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

If you are racing on a budget then i would just stick with one class for the next season. with lipos and bls you can run your 4wheeler all day long which means that your money should be saved for spares, tires, & ect. Something else to keep in mind as well, if it works then why replace it? You can spend tons of money on any aspect of the car for things that you currently don't have problems with.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

+1
Old 12-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That money probably should be budgeted for regular stuff. You got a good Lipo? Charger? Extra tires/wheels? How's the Rx and Tx? Tools?

Getting another car is more than just the car. You need additional batteries and charger if you race both, more tires, more bearings, parts and other stuff that breaks. Buggy is more consistent in our area while one track does have a good showing of T4 in modified 2wd truck class - other tracks don't.

I'm someone trying lots of different classes - but haven't tried 4wd yet. You may want to get to the "top of your class" by specializing in one particular class vs. adding a 2nd just now. I kind of regret buying the # of cars I did last year during my son and I's first year of racing.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you want to race find out what spec class your local track has. Our is a Traxxas Slash class... it's fun.. I skipped that class and race a T4, I love my T4, it's a fun little truck especially when setup with a brushless/lipo.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

well thanks for the replys. and i think i am settled on just getting more stuff for my B44 cause it would take a lot more money to keep that one going and get another one going. Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Once you get a good setup you can go out and change chasis each season to keep things fun.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
If you want to race find out what spec class your local track has. Our is a Traxxas Slash class... it's fun.. I skipped that class and race a T4, I love my T4, it's a fun little truck especially when setup with a brushless/lipo.
Slash makes a good 2nd runner, as you really aren't allowed to do to much to it, thus keeping the cost down.