Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread >

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default help

Hey guys I was hopeing someone would be able to give me a good starter set up for my RC8Te with the Tekin R8X & 2250kv motor. I.E pinion,spur etc. This is my first elec truggy so I dont want to burn up anything in the beginning.

pinion/spur=16/50(stock gearing)

esc/motor=RX8/2250kv

Max Amp 4c 30c 6500mah

LRP tire size

race track is about 150'x100 (if that helps)

Thanks inadvance for any help given.

Rob
Old 02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

start with 14t pion!!
16t the motor will heat!!

but test with 14t and 16t and check the temp of your esc and motor!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX48
BUMP
Stock setup, 16T pinion.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prettyboy
Hey guys I was hopeing someone would be able to give me a good starter set up for my RC8Te with the Tekin R8X & 2250kv motor. I.E pinion,spur etc. This is my first elec truggy so I dont want to burn up anything in the beginning.

pinion/spur=16/50(stock gearing)

esc/motor=RX8/2250kv

Max Amp 4c 30c 6500mah

LRP tire size

race track is about 150'x100 (if that helps)

Thanks inadvance for any help given.

Rob
Assuming this is a "normal" truggy you're overgeared by one pinion. Drop to a 15T and you'll be good.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Randy you have mail.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by john stu
they have lost me as a customer
So it appears our plan has changed since we talked last week? Perhaps you are not the right person to help support other Tekin users as we discussed.

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
At the end of the day, speculations/assumptions can be made and preventive measures be put in place. But you won't really know exactly what the issues are unless Tekin releases a list of failures (and causes) that they've seen so that the community can implement their own fixes temporarily, or in this case, "band-aids" to the problem. There are just so many ways that a piece of electronic device can fail whether it be due to user error or not. The preventive measures that tetris suggested are a step in the right direction, but again, at the end of the day, you won't really know if you're fixing anything since no one seems to know what the root causes are in the first place.
It is a very short list. Cold solder joints caused by uneven heating in the reflow process and no lead solder on some high mass components in the main voltage rail circuits. They lose all power or lose just the power needed to switch the fets depending on which joint fails. All of the failures are the same 2 components and we think they are both fixed.

A good solder joint should tear the trace off the circuit board or break the component before it fails. Good mounting and vibration dampening may help a bad solder joint last longer, but a good solder joint should not need it. We think the product that we have been shipping for some time is solid. However some will always break in this abusive environment just like nitro engines, servos, receivers and all the rest of the parts most racers carry spares of.

The Rx8 design is solid and the performance is second to none. We had a manufacturing issue that was dealt with as quickly as possible. We have backed every unit that failed without question and addressed the problems. I am not sure what else we can do but march forward on the never ending path to perfection and earn peoples support.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 02-27-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
So it appears our plan has changed since we talked last week? Perhaps you are not the right person to help support other Tekin users as we discussed.

It is a very short list. Cold solder joints caused by uneven heating in the reflow process and no lead solder on some high mass components in the main voltage rail circuits. They lose all power or lose just the power needed to switch the fets depending on which joint fails. All of the failures are the same 2 components and we think they are both fixed.

A good solder joint should tear the trace off the circuit board or break the component before it fails. Good mounting and vibration dampening may help a bad solder joint last longer, but a good solder joint should not need it. We think the product that we have been shipping for some time is solid. However some will always break in this abusive environment just like nitro engines, servos, receivers and all the rest of the parts most racers carry spares of.

The Rx8 design is solid and the performance is second to none. We had a manufacturing issue that was dealt with as quickly as possible. We have backed every unit that failed without question and addressed the problems. I am not sure what else we can do but march forward on the never ending path to perfection and earn people support.

Tekin Prez
FYI guy named Kevin from West Coast racing.. He is AMAZING.. been a huge help with my tekin products.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Team Tekin

Those are the kind of support relationships we are trying to establish in the major racing areas with track directors, dealers and team drivers. We are racers ourselves and have had units fail in amains at nationals and other ill timed runs and understand. For those that believe in our commitment and passion for what we do and are willing to hang with us, it will work out fine. These really are the easy problems that just take diligent control. The system ROCKS and even the unhappy acknowledge that.

Everybody fails at some point. It is what you do afterwards that really matters.

Tekin Prez
Old 02-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

consistent willingness to stand by their product is why I purchased a RX8 system after reading about all the failures, that and the fact that it is the only 8th scale sensored system on the market
Old 02-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My momma told me if I didnt have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all
Old 02-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Initiate

I used Tekin in the past and will be using one in the near future.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by terryt
consistent willingness to stand by their product is why I purchased a RX8 system after reading about all the failures, that and the fact that it is the only 8th scale sensored system on the market
+1 terryt
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I also just bought a system even with all the things you hear. 1 thing you know about stuff you hear and didnt see in this hobby, is that even if it was user error or just something bad happened it will always be the products fault. I bought a sensorless 8th system and ran it for 3 packs and sold it. I hated it, I am a racer and want the best. There is good support from most companies but I never heard of support like you guys do. I have a 8th system I sent back to the manf almost a year ago. And they still keep giving these false dates on when they will release the new 1 and take care of us who been waiting with our $ in their pocket. I would have gave everyone their money back after the 1st release date that didnt happen. I dont even want that 1 anymore.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin

Tekin Prez

as i said to you on the phone im willing to try my repaired rx8 again, after all what choice do i have? throw it away and buy a new system?i don't have the extra cash right now but to be honest thats what i would prefer to do. i wouldn't feel right selling a product that i feel is not working correctly so thats out of the question.i am more than willing to help any fellow racer in anyway i can even if it has nothing to do with tekin products so if you do send me an extra board even if i never use a rx8 again i would be more the willing to help out fellow racers with there rx8's, but unless by some miracle my rx8 doesn't break again for a long time i don't see me ever buying a rx8 system again unless its been a long time after you hopefully get things sorted out.

if i have an extra board in my box im willing to give it another try (maybe even a few trys as long as i always have an extra board but this missing racing stuff has to stop right here) and who knows maybe i'll get lucky and it wont break again.......guess time will tell.

i was hoping that becasue i called you right when you opened monday morning i would have my new board by this weekend but i never got it and sorry if i sound like a jerk jim/randy but 5 times in 5 months ....im sorry but i cant help it im pissed....... i want to race dam it
Old 02-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terryt
Def. the reasoning I came to when I ordered my first RX8 and then again after the second. I have also picked up an RSPro with 6.5t for my new Hyper 10sc, and an FXr for my rock crawler. I have since gotten rid of most of the Castle stuff in my collection. I will be buying Tekin from now on and they are the company that helps out if you have a problem. +infinity

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.