Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie James
Hi All,

I did a search and this seemed like the best place to put this.

My Tekin T8 2050Kv motor seized up on me last Sunday. I was coming down the straight 2 laps into my main and all 4 wheels locked up. I had steering but no throttle.

I got back to the pits to find it would not roll.

Now the motor is over 3 calender years old, but I only put about 3 - 3 1/2 hours a year total ( yes, you read that right....3+ hrs a year.) on my equipment.

I only get out on race days and run my three 5min quals and my 10 min main.

I race about 6 races a year.

It has never been over heated and well taken care of. I'm just about to open it up and take a look.

Any guesses???
For sure open it up and look it might not be seized it might just be debrees dirt etc , i`m assuming the esc is fine right nothing burnt ? also just a tought check the diffs i had a similar problem on my scte the center diff lock up and my truck quit running i would check that first
Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ESC is fine, nothing burnt. Motor is maintained nicely. Nothing in there.

I pulled the motor out when I got home that night. Everything rolls free. Tried turning the motor by hand...seized up tight. Even using a pair of pliers wouldn't budge it.

I opened it up and this is what I found. I'd say it's done. Weird. I know it's old calender wise, but it has what I would assume to be very little run time. I'm picking up a 1900Kv tomorrow.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yep is done looks like the windings let go , rotor seems fine , i would still send it in maybe Tekin guys can chime in and advise
Old 08-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I try not to nag very often, and last time I asked I received no response, so any word on any kind of hand held programmer? There was once mention of one with no hint of a eta, but that was quite a while ago.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I pulled the motor out when I got home that night. Everything rolls free. Tried turning the motor by hand...seized up tight. Even using a pair of pliers wouldn't budge it.

I opened it up and this is what I found. I'd say it's done. Weird. I know it's old calender wise, but it has what I would assume to be very little run time. I'm picking up a 1900Kv tomorrow.
The magnets came off the rotor, but it looks clear otherwise. If you can pull the magnets out along with any debris, you should be able to get that motor going again just with a new rotor. If you don't want to try, pm me and I'll make an offer for the motor as is. I have a friend who is too cheap to buy Tekin, but keeps frying the cheap stuff.

Originally Posted by King DORK
I try not to nag very often, and last time I asked I received no response, so any word on any kind of hand held programmer? There was once mention of one with no hint of a eta, but that was quite a while ago.
Tekin has preliminarily announced an Android smartphone/tablet app that will work with the Hotwire adapter. No release date is known, but at least we know what they consider 'better than a handheld programmer'.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
The magnets came off the rotor, but it looks clear otherwise. If you can pull the magnets out along with any debris, you should be able to get that motor going again just with a new rotor. If you don't want to try, pm me and I'll make an offer for the motor as is. I have a friend who is too cheap to buy Tekin, but keeps frying the cheap stuff.
Ya. You can clearly see the magnets still in the can.

I will try and get them out. Some of the winding is/has come loose. I'll get a better idea of where it's at when I get the magnets out.

I picked up a 1900Kv today.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default Auuthorization code

How long does it last, has I have had it about a month now just been busy.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default lvc question

hi, i have a question new to escale coming from nitro buggy, if i use 2200 mah in 5 minutes in a 5000 mah 4 c pak would i be able to make a 10 minute main? if used 4400 out of the 5000 mah pak?? or would it be at lvc on the esc or close? If someone could explain be great... thanks
Old 08-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Youd probably be cutting it close. You would have to drive really smart and easy to pull i off.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It appears the rotor came apart. It's wrapped with Kevlar fiber so pull out the magnet segments and blow out the can with compressed air. If none of the copper wires are protruding from the stack, all you likely need is a new rotor.

If you've never opened it before, a small rock or piece of debris could have cycled through the motor snagging the wrap and causing the failure.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by King DORK
Not a "programmer" but something better. Something you will be able to choose on your own in various sizes and styles as well as prices.

Then use a Gen2 %^&* to make adjustments.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by No Idea!!
How long does it last, has I have had it about a month now just been busy.

Thanks
RMA#? Still good.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by motorhead68
hi, i have a question new to escale coming from nitro buggy, if i use 2200 mah in 5 minutes in a 5000 mah 4 c pak would i be able to make a 10 minute main? if used 4400 out of the 5000 mah pak?? or would it be at lvc on the esc or close? If someone could explain be great... thanks
You should make 10 minutes but you will feel it soften at the 8 to 9 minute mark. IF you're under geared you will use more mah than you want.

What car? motor? Gearing? Size of the track?
Old 08-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
You should make 10 minutes but you will feel it soften at the 8 to 9 minute mark. IF you're under geared you will use more mah than you want.

What car? motor? Gearing? Size of the track?
randy, 2050 mtr ,tekno eb48,44/17,200x100 track ?
Old 08-20-2013, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
RMA#? Still good.
Ok thanks for the reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.