Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Will X-Ray ever build a Electric Off-Road ??? >

Will X-Ray ever build a Electric Off-Road ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will X-Ray ever build a Electric Off-Road ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default Will X-Ray ever build a Electric Off-Road ???

Will X-Ray ever build a Electric Off-Roader???

I've always been impressed with X-Rays RC cars. They seem to be building everything from 12th scale, TC, Nitro On-Road 8th and 10th scale, 18th scale and 8th scale Off-Road.

I would like to see a X-Ray build a 2wd buggy or 4wd buggy.

Heck even a Truck....

Will we ever see any electric Off-Road from X-Ray?????????
Old 12-23-2008, 02:48 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

nah, 2wd/4wd is nice now as it is. u can go 5yrs on a car, not 5mths

R
Old 12-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

...or in the case of the XX4, 11 years
Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I would like to see it, but the reality is that 10th scale electric is pretty much dead. Kind of like what happened to oval.

Yes, there are pockets of 10th scale racers (many of them good), but it is usually due to location or length of time in hobby. For example, in the northeast, indoor electric carpet and offroad is still popular due to the winter months, but I doubt the same for AZ, CA, FL, etc.

Reality is that outdoor racing has taken over for offroad and due to the track being subject to the elements (rain, wind, etc), 8th scale nitro is better suited for that.

Trust me, if there was money to be made in 10th scale electric, more manufacturers would be in the game.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1/10th off road and oval are huge where I am from. The only thing hurting in our area "Ohio" is carpet racing. 1/12th is too hard for most racers and we all know why nobody wants to do Touring cars.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Jeel
I would like to see it, but the reality is that 10th scale electric is pretty much dead. Kind of like what happened to oval.

Yes, there are pockets of 10th scale racers (many of them good), but it is usually due to location or length of time in hobby. For example, in the northeast, indoor electric carpet and offroad is still popular due to the winter months, but I doubt the same for AZ, CA, FL, etc.

Reality is that outdoor racing has taken over for offroad and due to the track being subject to the elements (rain, wind, etc), 8th scale nitro is better suited for that.

Trust me, if there was money to be made in 10th scale electric, more manufacturers would be in the game.

1/10th electric offroad is making a comeback everywhere with new brushless/Lipo technology plus 1/8th electric is going to be HUGE! Nitro will always be around and I think it's fun, but there's nothing that can compare to a Brushless 8T on 5S pulling wheelies and smoking nitros down the straights! Flip the switch and hold on for fifteen minutes!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeel

Electric offroad is consistantly gaining racers where as for nitro the opposite is happening.. at least around here.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

electric has all but died around here.. nitro on the other hand has been growing!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN

1/10th electric offroad is making a comeback everywhere with new brushless/Lipo technology plus 1/8th electric is going to be HUGE! Nitro will always be around and I think it's fun, but there's nothing that can compare to a Brushless 8T on 5S pulling wheelies and smoking nitros down the straights! Flip the switch and hold on for fifteen minutes!
Electric is growing with lipo and brushless. As more and more houses are built closer to tracks the noise will become a problem and neighbors will start to bitch and then their goes another track closing inless they run something quiet. It only takes one neighbor complaining about noise to cause a problem. Solution is lipo/brushless electric 1/10th and 1/8th. It don't happen overnight but it is happening in are area.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Electric around here is huge, we get 130-150 entries every Sat.
Would love to see a X-Ray 4WD come out!!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I've heard XRay is due to release their 1/10th offroad lineup within days of the Associated B5 release.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Legend

Really have doubts the market
will accept paying $475 for a 1/10th 2w bug...
Old 12-24-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I agree with what everyone is saying regarding what they are "seeing" locally, but the fact is the growth is nowhere near what is needed to convince manufacturers to enter the 10th scale electric market. Going from 30 racers to 60 in (any random state not named California, Arizona, etc) really is not a great representation of the market as a whole. Manufacturers use test markets to determine demand and these states are not usually them, lol.

I'll state the case again, if it were on the move, you would see other manufacturers dive right in. Just like anything else that got hot over the years...touring, 8th scale, even minis for crying out loud!!! Take 8th scale buggies for example, year 1 had 3 good buggies, year 2 had 8, year 3 had 12, etc. etc. Same goes for touring car.

Trust me, I would love to see it. Been racing indoor electric for 8 years now and 2wd buggy is by far my favorite class, but I've seen this so called "resurgence" for 8 years come and go and the fact is, it will remain a "pocket" class across the country...hot in some areas, dead in others.

Maybe you guys are right...if other manufacturers do enter the game, maybe enough new blood will come in to make it popular everywhere again. We'll let's hope anyway.

One more thing, and it pains me to say it, but I could see manufacturers cash in on the CORR class (think Slash) before they do anything with competition 10th scale offroad. Look how quickly they are all jumping on that bandwagon!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

At my local club off road electric is the big thing. If Xray release one I'd be happy to buy it.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schmelme
Electric offroad is consistantly gaining racers where as for nitro the opposite is happening.. at least around here.
we've seen the same thing here in the last season.
Originally Posted by jamminnay
electric has all but died around here.. nitro on the other hand has been growing!
where do you race? I was at Leisure hours in Joilet a few weeks back on a saturday and there were 90 entries for electric racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.