R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default What to get for new T4

I have been looking to get into racing since the hobby shop in town opened a few weeks ago. They have a small indoor carpet track and a dirt track in the summer. After doing some research i decided to get the T4. Since I will be heading off to college in the fall, and I will be in a bigger town that has a couple hobby shops, I am not to worried if the one locally closes and I longer have anywhere to race. So, I found a used T4 for sale on another forum I am at for $75, it's a rolling chassis with a servo.

Here's what the guy has to say about it:

"This T4 needs a little TLC, but nothing major. There's minor surface rust from sitting for a couple months. It has a pinion included as well as a steering servo (airtronics). It has Proline wheels and tires, in good shape with good tread. Also has a ProLine Crowd Pleazer body. Shocks are in good shape too. No broken parts, just needs cleaned up a little."

As far as I can tell it doesn't look to bad, a lil dirty, but I can clean it up and will replace the rusted parts. I have a MM esc in my crawler i can take out and put in the T4 for the winter since i don't crawl at all during the winter, along with the TQ3 rx, so all I would need is a motor, which brings me to my question:

What motor do you think I should get? I am looking at the CC 5700 but I would like to get a cheap brushed motor to play with to (since I am just starting out) I will also need batteries, but I already have a good charger but may need a balancer to go w/ lipo's. My limit is at $200-$250....... but if i really have to I can bump it up to $300, this is including the truck. Any and all input is appreciated.
Montigo is offline   Reply With Quote