Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
MMM vs. Novak System >

MMM vs. Novak System

MMM vs. Novak System

Old 12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Questions?? MMM vs. Novak System

Well as you all know my st-rr is being converted to electric for racing. I have been doing a ton of research and I see people who like both systems. The novak is sensored and teh mmm is not. Which system do think is best for my Kyosho st-rr truggy for racing?

*Thread ends after Christmas becasue i want to buy then!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think the main issue you will find right now with the Novaks in truggy is that the motors available are really high in the KV department which can lead to some trouble gearing your vehicle correctly.

Because of that, in truggy at least (buggy I would say go with what you like), I would go with the MMM and that 2200KV motor or something along those lines.

If novak releases lower KV motors in your buying timeframe, go with what you like.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For what it's worth I run the novak 6.5 in my 8T and my first time I raced it (which also happened to be my first time racing any 1/8th scale) I was turning very competitive lap times. I have mine geared 11/48. I have not seen the MMM in person so I can't comment on that. Hope that helps.