Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

guys, what is your setup?
Old 10-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

In my first race with my t4 I lapped the whole field, but there were only 5 of us in stock class. Man this truck handles great right out the box.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is my next car(uhh, accually it is a truck), and I can not wait until I have this car(uhh, truck). Should either have the T4 ready for the Super Cross here in SoCal, or will run my friends T3 at the race. Although I have never raced Truck before, I have heard that it should be easy to get used to. I bet everyone at SoCal will laugh at me, going from Pro stock sedan, to Novice Truck-hahahaha
Old 10-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

I am interested in getting into trucks, I run a B3 buggy right now at our indoor carpet track, but most guys are running trucks. ( tried to start a "pro" class with the buggies, but not enough interest ).

Anyway, I am looking between getting a XXXT or the new T4. I don't need all the "factory" options, just the stock stuff for now will do. My main question is for someone who has driven the XXXT and the T4, in general what are the differences you noticed? NOTE: not saying bash this or bash that, just what your differences you noticed are.

thanks!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im planning on getting a T4. I have a pretty dominate B4 right now. how does it compare to the B4 (driving wise)? cant wait till I get one---- maybe christmas!!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Legend

Well, I got my T4 on the way, from what I have read the T4 seems to really be dominating. I am really looking forward to running this kit on our carpet track. since they run it pretty tight, the acceleration the vehicle is supposed to have should come in handy.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

So there is racing Offroad trucks on an Onroad carpet track?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 11-01-2003, 03:22 AM
Tech Legend

yeah, they do that out here in ct. guys even run foam tires over the jumps.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for starting this thread guy's....I've got a T4 on the way.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:43 AM
Tech Legend

I was suprised not to see one already!

The track at race at runs a spec truck class, basically 1800mah battery packs and street spec motors are the rules. Though, for monster trucks, the only rules are monster truck tires, and the body has to be jacked up like a monster truck. I may have to look into turning my T4 into a monster by there rules sometime and see how it handles!

Anyone know what parts I should look out for as far as easy to break?
Old 11-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Legend

So far I have read about the chassis breaking where the wall between the servo and the battery is on the old chassis, and that the old chassis wall is shorter than the side walls. I will look for this on my T4 kit.

Anyone know how necessary the aluminum Front hinge pin brace is? Also, is the AE model better than what trinity makes? I am thinking of getting this just in case.

Finally, Anyone running the lightened outdrives? How do they compare in durability and performance than the older outdrives?
Old 11-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cain,

The aluminium brace for the front arms is not nessassary. Although it is a good idea to have one if you are prone to crashing your truck, and/or roling it. As for the trinity vs ae brace, I use the ae brace for my B4, and it works fine(eventhough my graphite one has not broken yet). The chassis breaking was on the older B4 chassis', but I am pretty sure that they fixed the problem before it was an issue on the T4's chassis.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:32 AM
Tech Legend

Ok, thats reassuring to hear that it probably is already in the T4.

In general Associated kits for me have proven very durable, only time I really broke my T3 or FTB3 was on bad crashes.

Anyone have experiences with the Lightened outdrives? I am considering getting these as I run in a "stock" class ( 1800mah limit battery packs + Street Spec Motors ) and I think this will increase performance. I just want to make sure they are durable.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Lightened out drives

I'm running the Assoc. lightened outdrive with no problems at all. Put them on when I built the truck (I was the first to get one from HobbyTown in O.P. Kansas). Ran the truck outdoors at Real RC in Pleasant Hill, Mo. Great truck, only slightly better than my XXXT.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Cain what i noticed is that the T4 is more stable and has better traction through the high speed turns or else the rest of the turns pretty much even. Also jumping through the air it's a little better it seems like it has a softer landing.
i just got mine last Fri and raced once on the next day and i couldn't get enough steering but then i switched the servo saver spring to the B4 HD servo saver. i also might try different tires and foam inserts. that will be later though once i get use to off-road again. Just last sat. was my first time racing off-road in a yr. so yeah it was awesome. i might go down to race thurs. if i don't got much school stuff to let you guys know what else i did to hook truck up, and if not sat. night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.