Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Which .21 buggy engine to get for mbx5? please help >

Which .21 buggy engine to get for mbx5? please help

Which .21 buggy engine to get for mbx5? please help

Old 08-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Which .21 buggy engine to get for mbx5? please help

as im getting ready to order the mbx5 in like a week. im thinkin about which engine would best suit my x5. the local track which i plan on running my x5 has a lot of turns and not as many straight aways. come to think of it theres only one stright away. which is about 35-45 yards longs, but then the rest is pretty much a lot of turns with some jumps. alot of people at my trak seem to really like the Rb enigne i also see a few o.s engines. i want to learn what kind of engine should i look for. for this type of track should i get an engine that has more accleration then top end? and if i pick a engine with more low end power would that still give enough power to not get burned behind. what enigne do u guys use and recommend.

Last edited by rc_crazy22; 08-17-2003 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hi i have a 1/2 gallon ran RB S7 europa engine for sale , enigne is in excellent condition, compression is super tight. $160 takes it.
or a new never used ( mounted but never used) Picco/Omega .21 sports engine for $120

email me if intersetd : [email protected]
Old 08-18-2003, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

2 choices
1. JP MOD P5 with waller adapter (for more torque)
2. JP MOD Pro 2002 shortstroke.
Either of these will make you very HAPPY
Old 08-18-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by lineburner
2 choices
1. JP MOD P5 with waller adapter (for more torque)
2. JP MOD Pro 2002 shortstroke.
Either of these will make you very HAPPY
Lineburner,

i thought you don't like yours JP MOD PRO 2002
Old 08-18-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Get the new OS VZ-B engine not that expensive and the torque are amazing also the fuel comsumption are good. it can last for 10 min
Old 08-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there is only one engine for me and thats the novarossi P5

thats what i have in my mbx5 and it is awesome

it has incrediblle bottom end power and is still as fast as almost anything on the top end

after i got it i sold my other engines

i get around 7 minutes per tank run time

its the engine that is pictured in the box that must mean thats its factory endorsed

there are 3 of us who have that combo and all of us are very happy with it

the only other engine i would consider getting is the ws7 2 but i believe its more of a top end engine whereas the p5 is all about bottom end power
Old 08-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Ptp I agree the p5 is what I want next but you cant get them
Old 08-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

try harder it will be worth it

jimmy cant get you one?

try DRCW they seem to be able to get alot of the hard to find stuff
Old 08-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Jimmy said he cant get them, however he did say that Trinity or novarossi makes another engine that is basically a p5 but has a different name do you have any idea what engine he is talking about
Old 08-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

trinity is the novarossi importer

i think mine came in a trinity box or at least said trinity on it somewhere

you want the purple headed one it has .5 more HP than the blue head rex model

so if it says trinity and P5 on it thats the one you want to get

novarossi saves the best engines for themselves and sells the others to rex and top or at least i think they do i know i would if i were them
Old 08-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

go to trinitys website and get the part number and see if he can work with that

chad phillips was running a p5 last time he raced down here that he got from trinity

other than that i dont know what hes talking about

billy doves engine was pretty damn nice looking this weekend also

or now that i think about it eric who works at dougs tried to sell me his P5 last weekend so ask him hes got one thats never been run
Old 08-18-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

PTP, the Trinity Novarossi and the Novarossi Top/Rex line are all of the exact same quality.

Trinity is now trying to take over the Top line of Novarossi engines What a joke .. Trinity is a bunch of blood hounds. The day they actually make something of their own worthwhile buying, and with prices that aren't 500% more than anywhere else I think they might have some more happy customers.

Ron Paris had the Top line -and I know Paris Racing wouldn't be working on any engines that were not of top quality- .. well, Paris Racing had the top line anyways as Ron has passed away.

Anyways, point being, a Novarossi is a Novarossi
Old 08-18-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

i understand what your saying but i still think that they take the pick of the litter stuff for themselves and then sell the rest to rex and top

the quality is very good in all those engines but i believe as do others i know that the novarossi engines are slightly better

its probably a teeny tiny amount that cannot be noticed by anyone on the track but a guy i know who has modded lots of engines (probably in the hundreds by now) once told me he only buys novarossi engines because he had noticed minute details on the novarossi engines that he believed made them the absolute best

as far as trinity taking over the top line of engines now i think that kinda stinks and i wish they would lay off and let things go as they were but we live in america where its his right to try his best to make as much money as he possibly can if i was in his shoes i might make the same decisions
Old 08-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

PTP, Novarossi sells their own engines to themself?

Top and Rex ARE Novarossi They are not outsourced companies Novarossi sells to. Top and Rex are just names used for Novarossi to distribute their engines to different markets.

You would be a fool to beleive that a TOP engine is any different in quality than a Nova line. Only difference, and mark my words ... are the colours of the head.

Ron Paris mods engines ... Ron Paris used the Top line of Novarossi engines exclusively. You mean to tell me they aren't of the same quality? I know Novarossi doesn't sit there and check every engine , but I know Ron Paris/Paris racing does when they chose an engine to mod.

So whoever that dude is, is either misinformed such as yourself or was yankin' your chain to make you interested in an engine from him

Mugen Seiki has rights to distribute the Rex line in North America .. you mean to tell me Mugen is also selling sub-par engines vs. Trinity and their purple headed Nova line?

Trinity 'stole' the Nova lines rights to distribute under there name from Paris; why? Becuase Trinity is all about 'looks' and they know that individuals such as yourself will buy the Nova line based on pure speculation and higher prices.

Did you know that sometimes companies purposely set prices higher on objects to attract that certain type of person who figures -without knowing any better might I add- that 'you get what you pay for' is always true?

Not only does Trinity know they'll sell the engines, they know they'll sell more becuase of the mere fact they have the balls to charge such a high price; why? Because people are suckers and curiosity gets the best of them. There HAS to be a reason why the Nova line costs so much more right? Well true, there is a reason ... because people will pay for it

Lets not forget, even the local nice guy at the track is as crooked as the next guy when it comes down to making money
Old 08-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Paris Racing used to be the distributor for Novarossi engines. But they switched to the TOP brand because Trinity bought out the distribution rights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.