Wiki Posts
Search

XXXT or T4

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default XXXT or T4

After using the search function and an hour of looking at threads that didnt help so I decided to create my first thread.

I am looking to replace my T3 with a new truck. As you can tell I have been out of Offroad for some time now. I am looking at the Factory Team kit or the XXX-T CR Racer version. I am looking for opinions on what is the best part of each truck and what is the problem areas of each truck.

Not really wanting to start a debate more just wanting to find out from people who run these trucks which one would be my best bang for the buck so to speak. Again not trolling just trying to get some help. I have looked at both trucks on several hobby sales sites along with the companies website. I can not tell what is fluff and what is substantial adjustments.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It seems the less experienced drivers drive losi's because the losi gets better rear traction. But, the faster drivers drive T4s because they have more steering and they can control the wheel spin.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i would say both are very good trucks, at my local track it seems alot of both trucks running around. as to which truck may be faster or better, seems just depends on how dialed you got the truck. so i would say go with whatever you know better, or have friends that can help you with more.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freshguy02
i would say both are very good trucks, at my local track it seems alot of both trucks running around. as to which truck may be faster or better, seems just depends on how dialed you got the truck. so i would say go with whatever you know better, or have friends that can help you with more.
+1
Old 11-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dean Rawlinson
It seems the less experienced drivers drive losi's because the losi gets better rear traction. But, the faster drivers drive T4s because they have more steering and they can control the wheel spin.
WOW!!!!! (inside joke)
Old 11-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

I bought the T4 simply because I can get the parts at my hobby shop.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm in the same boat on this one. I can't decide. I asked a racer friend of mine about it and he prefers the Losi for it's rough track abilitys, but if you're on clay the T4 is better.

It sounded like a setup would change either truck on his opinion, but he's driven them more than me.

We're talking about 2 trucks that have 18+ years or evolution they've been through. They're a lot alike IMO, so I'm still not sure.

P.S. If you go for the T4, you can convert it to a "J82" buggy. JConcepts makes a kit that turns it into an 1/8 scale buggy for rougher tracks...
Old 11-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i would go with the x-factory x-60 it uses t4 parts, mid motor it drives like a losi and turns like t4 and this truck will sometime in dec.
it like have the best of both worlds. i love my. 2wdrc.com

there is a thread x-60

my thread x-60 fan club
Old 11-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gone banana
i would go with the x-factory x-60 it uses t4 parts, mid motor it drives like a losi and turns like t4 and this truck will sometime in dec.
it like have the best of both worlds. i love my. 2wdrc.com

there is a thread x-60

my thread x-60 fan club
That X60 is really cool looking. It inspired me to start configuring a Mid-Motor Losi Stadium Truck....
Old 12-01-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys I will have to check out that thread.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

i would ask your lhs to see what brand you can get more part's for..... if your looking for a used xxx t mf1 i have 1 fs.... make me a offer if you want...
Old 12-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anybody have any pics of the x60? i've heard very good things about this truck and it being an excellent choice for the sportsman driver.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To answer the original question, I personally have not owned both vehicles, but I know several people who have owned both. They all say the same things about the AE. The Diff is smooth, long lasting, the shocks are a PIA to rebuild, but they are smooth went built correctly and the AE has more steering and is more consistent throughout the race day. That does not mean Losi is junk by any means. If you had time to experiment with setups and tires, you could get it handling very well.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

both haddle very good.... you can not go wrong with either........
Old 12-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by d4man
To answer the original question, I personally have not owned both vehicles, but I know several people who have owned both. They all say the same things about the AE. The Diff is smooth, long lasting, the shocks are a PIA to rebuild, but they are smooth went built correctly and the AE has more steering and is more consistent throughout the race day. That does not mean Losi is junk by any means. If you had time to experiment with setups and tires, you could get it handling very well.

I am leaning toward the T4. I am used to rebuilding the shocks especially if they are like the old GT shocks. Hard to get the rebound the same sometimes since they do not use a bladder. I will see if I can get my hands on a manual to see how it goes together. I like a lot of steering....I would rather dial it out than to try to find some.

thanks for all the input.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.