Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi XXX-CR - Which Extra Parts to have? >

Losi XXX-CR - Which Extra Parts to have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi XXX-CR - Which Extra Parts to have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi XXX-CR - Which Extra Parts to have?

Getting into the Losi XXX-CR. Can people please put forward the parts that need replacing the most so I can have them on standby! Cheers.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Front arms , spindles/carriers , extra E-clips , rear hubs , pins for rear axle , some extra screws and ball studs . I put Lunsford Super Duty Plus turnbuckles and their ball studs on my XXX-CR , stronger then stock .
Old 11-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Briguy: how do you like the xxxcr? Any tips or tricks during the build? How does it run on the track?
Old 11-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

I love it ! Best Losi 2wd buggy yet , IMO . I ran 1/2 oz of weight in front of servo and 1/2 oz on the front bulkhead . When switched to lipo I put 1/2 oz on the chassis right next to battery channel on both sides , rear and front . For the tracks I run at I think it handles great . The proper tires/foams play the biggest role though , without them it won`t matter what setup you use . Which goes for any RC . Other then Lunsford stuff mentioned earlier , about it .
Old 11-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Front arms , spindles/carriers , rear hubs and ball studs .
Old 11-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ballstuds are the most replaced item on my XXX-CR. Must be why Losi put so many holes in the rear hubs and shock tower.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just got my xxx cr too! Thanks for the info!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scrawl
Ballstuds are the most replaced item on my XXX-CR. Must be why Losi put so many holes in the rear hubs and shock tower.
LOL , I hope your kidding .
Old 11-27-2008, 06:11 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

when i had mine i kept the standards like an arm set, carriers and spindles (f/r) but remember rear block parts. often forgotten but crucial

R
Old 11-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
LOL , I hope your kidding .
Wish I was. In 11 months of racing, I've broken 1 front arm, 1 rear pivot block and 6 ballstuds - 4 on the rear hubs and 2 on the shock tower.

Got some Lunsford ballstuds in reserve now - they're going in when the next ballstud snaps.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the guys at my local track have been bending the rear hinge pin brace so i would reco one of those, but then again i dont run a losi sorry.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been running the car pretty hard since it came out. Maybe I can give you some insight into the parts you might want to have on hand. Every car is going to have a weak point when you hit something so it becomes a matter of where each company isolates that weak point in the design of the car to determine what is going to break the most often.

Front arms are good to have. I've broken a few of them. I found a graphite front arm can hold up quite well. Have extra rear hubs on hand. Any vertical ballstud setup is going to break ballstuds. I'd run a titanium ballstud in the rear hub. The nice thing about the rear hub is that you can switch sides after you break a ballstud and still use the hub. They are universal as to which side they can go on.

Honestly, outside of those two parts, I can't say I've broken much of anything else. Maybe an occasional turnbuckle. I find the car to be very sturdy and anytime that I've broken the car I definitely deserved to break it.

Good luck and hope you love the car like I do!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up xxx cr

PARTS FOR SALE

GOT EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING YOU NEED VERY CHEAP

PM FOR INFO AND PRICES

and will trade for other items
Old 11-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Sell in the for sale section , not every Losi thread .
Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I have about 4-months of racing on my XXX-CR, only broken a single front arm. As for maintenance, only a single diff rebuild to date. A few of the stock balls inside the diff actually broke. I have replaced all with Ceramic balls.

Ballstuds: Following the advice from the guys in the LHS, I replaced all the stock ballstuds with the Losi Titanium ballstuds. I was informed at the time of purchase that all the stock ballstuds break easily, and it not replaced with the Titanium ones, I would also be replacing the part that the stock black ballstud broke off within. Following that advice, I never installed the stock black ballstuds and used Titanium on all suspension links from from the get go, and low and behold, NEVER broken one yet.

LOL - I used one of the Losi stock black ballstuds on a hard to reach spot on my AE T4, and sure enough, that damn Losi ballstud snapped and I had to replace the front shock tower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.