Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
kicked out of a stock class? >

kicked out of a stock class?

kicked out of a stock class?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
series or not, if I show up geared to run stock and get told I cant run stock,I am not going to change set-up, and motor, to go run mod ESPECIALLY after driving 2 hrs to go run stock..granted I usually run stock and mod both, but the point is - They should let him stay in stock and see if the other guys can catch him!! They would end up better drivers for the experience!!
+1

Give the other drivers something to chase....or how will they get better?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by SnakeBait
everyone there has 3 cars to run, truck, 2wd, 4wd, if they don't like stock they have a right to sign up in somthing elese,just like i have a right to sign up in either stock or mod. me i just have 2wd, and stock is bigger then mod. so that is what i will run as i see fit. no one should you to move out of a class because ur a hard person to run down on a track, i thought that was what racing was?

Stock is a entry level class , just ask any novice ...
Old 12-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tubaboy
Yeah I agree. Stock isn't just for lower skill level drivers in my opinion. At first, I always thought this way, but as things get more expensive, I like to run stock and Super Stock cuz it's cheaper!! Heh

Plus, running with the fast guys will make you better. I remember a couple of years ago, I was the local fast guy. I was running laps around most of the other racers, except for one who comes up from 2 hours away. He would normally beat me, or we'd be close.

We held a trophy race and Charlie Perez comes up to race with us. As a result of racing with him, myself and a few others gained several seconds from learning to drive lines like he did. In one weekend, I went from 10 to 13 laps. Can't complain about that!!

Paul
WORD!!! If the guys who are whining about getting beat every race would pay attention to WHY they are getting beat every race they may not get beat every race any more!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
You are right, that is why I said, "to me" stock is a stepping stone.

I just feel that there is more to this story than meets the eye. If my track manager came to me about running a class I didn't want to run, I would have a full conversation about it until we both understood each others points. It seems to me that this guy threw a hissy fit and left.
assuming make's and ass of u and me.
i was there face to face, i couldn't get a straight explaination, i got my money back and left. no one was worried that i wasn't racing, or packing my gear up, or waiting at the hobby counter to get my cash back. one of the owners wanted to try and start an argument with me, the other owner which i told i was disappointed with what i was being told almost just disappeard my last 5 minutes there, maybe he was racing the class he kicked me out of, not sure, cuz he is the one that won with the same amount of laps i turned a few weeks prior at their godfathers pizza race... maybe when u go to their site u can look at the fourm in the general board where i have asked and asked why this was, i can't even get a straight answer. i get a link. pretty lame now go do this homework and stop making assumptions. thanks
Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

i was there face to face, i couldn't get a straight explaination, i got my money back and left. no one was worried that i wasn't racing, or packing my gear up, or waiting at the hobby counter to get my cash back. one of the owners wanted to try and start an argument with me, the other owner which i told i was disappointed with what i was being told almost just disappeard my last 5 minutes there, maybe he was racing the class he kicked me out of, not sure, cuz he is the one that won with the same amount of laps i turned a few weeks prior at their godfathers pizza race... maybe when u go to their site u can look at the fourm in the general board where i have asked and asked why this was, i can't even get a straight answer. i get a link. pretty lame now go do this homework and stop making assumptions. thanks
Like I said, more than meets the eye. Sounds to me like nobody at this track likes you. Plain and simple. That is why nobody cared when you packed your stuff and nobody cared that you left.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
i doubt u would go to some factory driver that has won a stock national or event title and mouth that off, its a class just like mod, it has competition in it just like mod.

you should stop trying to knock someone so hard....
Old 12-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

i doubt u would go to some factory driver that has won a stock national or event title and mouth that off, its a class just like mod, it has competition in it just like mod.

you stop trying to knock someone so hard....
Snake , just go out there and kick all their wee-wee's in mod.if your getting almost 2 laps on the feild in stock you obviously run fast lines, or noone else in the class can drive. so If you can hold good consistant laps with a 13.5 , get the feel of a 10.5 or 8.5 and kick their butts and give them a reason to hate on you some more!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Like I said, more than meets the eye. Sounds to me like nobody at this track likes you. Plain and simple. That is why nobody cared when you packed your stuff and nobody cared that you left.
exactly sqc049, they are a bunch of babies that want to win but don't want to race. that is why i stated i will never go back there to race and i hope anyone that reads/see this thinks twice about wasting time and money for a club or event race, pretty crappy thing to be discriminated against for being competitive in a racing hobby.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Legend

you should stop trying to knock someone so hard....
I was gona post a comment with Charlie running stock , after all he`s way better than than that in my opinion...

Stock National is a whole different story guy , its not your local club race ...

This is not about if stock is a good as mod , its about you supporting your race track and doing the right thing ....
Old 12-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

You are right, that is why I said, "to me" stock is a stepping stone.

I just feel that there is more to this story than meets the eye. If my track manager came to me about running a class I didn't want to run, I would have a full conversation about it until we both understood each others points. It seems to me that this guy threw a hissy fit and left.
LOL, My ass our track manager would have a convo with you and then talk so much trash behind you back it would be ridiculous. That's my word !

I mean i could see why this dude is pissed though. I remeber people complaining last year when me you steve started dominating 19t.

Like personally after the large mod turnout we had friday i don't wanna run 19t no more. + i got 1st at rchr 2nd at excitement and 3rd at lir. Nothing to prove there anymore.

You can't reason with mod guys like SQC049 he is too good to be bothered with stock.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
Snake , just go out there and kick all their wee-wee's in mod.if your getting almost 2 laps on the feild in stock you obviously run fast lines, or noone else in the class can drive. so If you can hold good consistant laps with a 13.5 , get the feel of a 10.5 or 8.5 and kick their butts and give them a reason to hate on you some more!

actually ppl in there can drive, lol maybe its passing they cant do. for now stock buggy is fast enough for me...
Old 12-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
LOL, My ass our track manager would have a convo with you and then talk so much trash behind you back it would be ridiculous. That's my word !

I mean i could see why this dude is pissed though. I remeber people complaining last year when me you steve started dominating 19t.

Like personally after the large mod turnout we had friday i don't wanna run 19t no more. + i got 1st at rchr 2nd at excitement and 3rd at lir. Nothing to prove there anymore.
Rob has never forced anyone to move up a class, he didn't do it to me, you or Steve, he still hasn't.

You should move up to Mod if you want. No time like the present.

You can't reason with mod guys like SQC049 he is too good to be bothered with stock.
You're a dick.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

actually ppl in there can drive, lol maybe its passing they cant do. for now stock buggy is fast enough for me...
Yeah, but dude, if you dont go back the whiners win!! And man you dont have to run big motor in mod. I ran a 13.5 a few weeks back and finished 3rd in the A mod. It's all about driving what's comfortable for you.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

wrong that is why they have Novice and sportsman classes.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

I was gona post a comment with Charlie running stock , after all he`s way better than than that in my opinion...

Stock National is a whole different story guy , its not your local club race ...

This is not about if stock is a good as mod , its about you supporting your race track and doing the right thing ....
why support a hobbyshop/track that pulled what they pulled on me? gave me a 4hr road trip with the bill to boot for nothing..... no reason what so ever.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.