Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
kicked out of a stock class? >

kicked out of a stock class?

kicked out of a stock class?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It is important to note that this rule only applies to this series. Normal club races or their bigger races it is not an issue.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Legend

Maybe Snake should switch to a sedan ?

All those guys run is stock ...

He`ll fit right in ...
Old 12-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
It is important to note that this rule only applies to this series. Normal club races or their bigger races it is not an issue.
it is important to note that its discrimination. the same ppl that run the club races are the same that put on the 2nd face for bigger races....i wont be hand my money over to game playing cry babies that don't want to race competetion for a win......lame

its is equally important to note that weather its a club race or a big race discrimination is discrimination, and extremely messed up pulling it on out of towners.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Maybe Snake should switch to a sedan ?

All those guys run is stock ...

He`ll fit right in ...
to me if its got 4 shocks its meant to get off the ground.......
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

From the result I saw, it looks like you TQed by a lap and a half and lapped the field twice in the main. To me, stock class is a stepping stone, if you are winning by that much every time, why not step up and run with the faster guys?

Also, the result I looked at had about 6 to 8 guys in Mod, same number as stock. You were claiming that only 2 to 3 guys run Mod.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SQC049
From the result I saw, it looks like you TQed by a lap and a half and lapped the field twice in the main. To me, stock class is a stepping stone, if you are winning by that much every time, why not step up and run with the faster guys?

Also, the result I looked at had about 6 to 8 guys in Mod, same number as stock. You were claiming that only 2 to 3 guys run Mod.
well then to me maybe those stock buggies need to go back to sportman. 6to 8 mod guys don't show up every weekend like stock. also on a note 2 mod buggies that were signed in 11/29 have never ran mod before and i didn't even know one of the guys even had a buggy. the things ppl do to run off hobbiest.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
series or not, if I show up geared to run stock and get told I cant run stock,I am not going to change set-up, and motor, to go run mod ESPECIALLY after driving 2 hrs to go run stock..granted I usually run stock and mod both, but the point is - They should let him stay in stock and see if the other guys can catch him!! They would end up better drivers for the experience!!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by SnakeBait
to me if its got 4 shocks its meant to get off the ground.......
Snake ,move up and try to win mod ...

personally I can promise you will learn more and become a faster driver if you do...

Beating a hundred beginners in stock is pale compared to beating just one fast driver in mod...

And

You have to realize the track has to make the profit , if you keep winning stock, refusing to move up, you only hurt the track and your self....
Old 12-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049

Actually, stock class is not always a stepping stone. Some people prefer the controlled motor approach. Some of the best guys I have seen choose stock over mod in my neck of the woods. It's a class that is supposed to be more controlled such that a driver's ability is more important in determining outcome. Not that it doesn't sometimes come down to batteries when everything else is equal...
Old 12-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Snake ,move up and try to win mod ...

personally I can promise you will learn more and become a faster driver if you do...

Beating a hundred beginners in stock is pale compared to beating just one fast driver in mod...

And

You have to realize the track has to make the profit , if you keep winning stock, refusing to move up, you only hurt the track and your self....
everyone there has 3 cars to run, truck, 2wd, 4wd, if they don't like stock they have a right to sign up in somthing elese,just like i have a right to sign up in either stock or mod. me i just have 2wd, and stock is bigger then mod. so that is what i will run as i see fit. no one should you to move out of a class because ur a hard person to run down on a track, i thought that was what racing was?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foolio
Actually, stock class is not always a stepping stone. Some people prefer the controlled motor approach. Some of the best guys I have seen choose stock over mod in my neck of the woods. It's a class that is supposed to be more controlled such that a driver's ability is more important in determining outcome. Not that it doesn't sometimes come down to batteries when everything else is equal...
+1!!! 20 years and I will still run stock over mod just because the racing can get much closer with a few good guys.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

too many right words there foolio.

i run a plain 15c orion.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

You are right, that is why I said, "to me" stock is a stepping stone.

I just feel that there is more to this story than meets the eye. If my track manager came to me about running a class I didn't want to run, I would have a full conversation about it until we both understood each others points. It seems to me that this guy threw a hissy fit and left.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
series or not, if I show up geared to run stock and get told I cant run stock,I am not going to change set-up, and motor, to go run mod ESPECIALLY after driving 2 hrs to go run stock..granted I usually run stock and mod both, but the point is - They should let him stay in stock and see if the other guys can catch him!! They would end up better drivers for the experience!!
EXACTLY
Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah I agree. Stock isn't just for lower skill level drivers in my opinion. At first, I always thought this way, but as things get more expensive, I like to run stock and Super Stock cuz it's cheaper!! Heh

Plus, running with the fast guys will make you better. I remember a couple of years ago, I was the local fast guy. I was running laps around most of the other racers, except for one who comes up from 2 hours away. He would normally beat me, or we'd be close.

We held a trophy race and Charlie Perez comes up to race with us. As a result of racing with him, myself and a few others gained several seconds from learning to drive lines like he did. In one weekend, I went from 10 to 13 laps. Can't complain about that!!

Paul

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.