Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kicked out of a stock class?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No this isn't some backwoods track, its actually a nice place but i guess people's decision making ruin's it.....

if i had a means or a way to do my own track it would already be.......

this is a hobby and is supposed to be fun, to me racing 2 ppl isn't a thriller, i like to race with the most ppl, to me that is fun. i just don't know why i couldn't run in the stock class when my car met the requirements.......last time i checked i thought we could sign up for any class as long as the car/electronic specs were met......
Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I suspect it's fun for you because you won nearly every time. I also suspect that it's not so fun for some of the others for the same reason.

It might not be fair, it might not make sense, but the bottom line is this: you're done racing stock at that track. Even if you made a big deal of it and convinced them to let you run stock, are you really going to have fun when hardly anyone there will talk to you and you feel disliked? It's just like you said, it's a hobby and it's meant to be fun, so have fun. Everyone else there wants to have fun too.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about this? What lap times where you running compared to there others in the class?

If you are lapping them several times then how is that fun for anyone, you included? If it is a nail biter finish then that is what racing is about.

At the track where I race we have (in order of progression) for buggy:
Beginner (Run what you brung)
Stock Buggy Amateur(17.5 or 27)
Stock Buggy Sportsman(17.5 or 27)
Super Stock Buggy Amateur(13.5 or 19)
Super Stock Buggy Sportsman(13.5 or 19)
Mod Buggy(Open)

I actually run truck but the the same class structure. When I was racing Amateur I told the race director and Owner that I wanted to bump up cuz I got tired of getting hit. I don't know if I am good enough to race sporstman but I have heard no complaints from others in the race and I run middle of the pack most nights, got a TQ and a win in the mix too but those were light nights.

I would consider it an honor if I was asked to bump up to Super Stock or Mod. I would "drop the coin" and get me a motor that would be competitive and run it. And who said a 13.5 is not competitive in Mod, just depends on track size and layout.

Of course the "Higher" classes usually pull smaller crowds because fewer are able to drive that good.

And perhaps just another way to think about it. They did not ask you to leave after your 2 hour drive, they asked you to race in a different class and you said no and left. Just a different take on it.

Again a lot of this depends on how badly you were dominating the field. I would be interested to see your Mains.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Tech Addict

Looks to me the cry babies are the ones who complained and whined so much that the owner/race director took the weak option and made it difficult for the thread starter to be part of their series, They going to do that to everyone who makes the effort to participate and is better then them?

Bummer of a situation to be in.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Miller_Time
I suspect it's fun for you because you won nearly every time. I also suspect that it's not so fun for some of the others for the same reason.

It might not be fair, it might not make sense, but the bottom line is this: you're done racing stock at that track. Even if you made a big deal of it and convinced them to let you run stock, are you really going to have fun when hardly anyone there will talk to you and you feel disliked? It's just like you said, it's a hobby and it's meant to be fun, so have fun. Everyone else there wants to have fun too.
No its fun because its a toy car hobby......if i drive 2 hours to race at a place and spend money on gas, tolls, race fee plus the rubber i am burning and i hope i don't break.....i want to race with the most ppl. a stock class is good close fun racing...
Old 12-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ckaspar
How about this? What lap times where you running compared to there others in the class?

If you are lapping them several times then how is that fun for anyone, you included? If it is a nail biter finish then that is what racing is about.

At the track where I race we have (in order of progression) for buggy:
Beginner (Run what you brung)
Stock Buggy Amateur(17.5 or 27)
Stock Buggy Sportsman(17.5 or 27)
Super Stock Buggy Amateur(13.5 or 19)
Super Stock Buggy Sportsman(13.5 or 19)
Mod Buggy(Open)

I actually run truck but the the same class structure. When I was racing Amateur I told the race director and Owner that I wanted to bump up cuz I got tired of getting hit. I don't know if I am good enough to race sporstman but I have heard no complaints from others in the race and I run middle of the pack most nights, got a TQ and a win in the mix too but those were light nights.

I would consider it an honor if I was asked to bump up to Super Stock or Mod. I would "drop the coin" and get me a motor that would be competitive and run it. And who said a 13.5 is not competitive in Mod, just depends on track size and layout.

Of course the "Higher" classes usually pull smaller crowds because fewer are able to drive that good.

And perhaps just another way to think about it. They did not ask you to leave after your 2 hour drive, they asked you to race in a different class and you said no and left. Just a different take on it.

Again a lot of this depends on how badly you were dominating the field. I would be interested to see your Mains.
We do not have the turn out to do that many classes........

and as far as the lap times most guys are running within .500 sec difference for a fast lap.....
Old 12-02-2008, 03:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by ckaspar
No answer to this?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Tech Adept

everyone runs 19/20 laps in a 6 min format a few 18's here and there.... most guys are running sub 18 sec laps..... would like to post links to the race results they post but dont think i should put their name out .....
Old 12-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

sooo.....how bad exactly are you beating them.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bump
sooo.....how bad exactly are you beating them.
i am not lapping the field 2x's, it stock, its all close. They are just being cry babies that want to win but don't want to compete for it, thats why they booted me out.....i personally wont ever go back to that track if thats how the owners run it.....they are the main reason why ppl don't want to get into or stay in this hobby, they are what takes the fun out of racing. guess they are the type that if they can't buy a win they will run off their own customers to better there chance's at winning...

its a sad business practice and i am glad i am not sponsored or i would make sure my ppls stuff wasn't on their shelf or attached to their hosting of events in anyway.......

racing is racing and if ur not up to the challenge then don't run a hobbyshop race track.

www.enidrcracing.com

BTW my name is Robert Arns for those looking at race results.....
Old 12-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I checked a few results and they have you listed in the "Mod Buggy".
Old 12-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I know it sucks ,but if you dont like the way their show is being run, go to another track and race.Like someone said earlier in this thread, vote with your dollars.
I know where your coming from though.I would rather run stock for club racing.
you break less
it's easier on your tranny/ driveline
it's easier on tires
esc/ motor lasts longer

and for those of us on a budget, stuff like that matters.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

yea, i remember one of the few times i ran the on-road track there, the pa system wasnt great, apparently they called for signups.... i hadnt been there before, and didnt know the start time, and didnt sign up soon enough, apparently.... i was told:

"do you realize how much trouble it is to add another racer? you are lucky you drove so far, otherwise you wouldnt be racing today"

wasnt the best first impression for me, either.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I remember one of the main reasons I left racing was all the hassle with stock class racing. Had to have the best batteries, and after a few months would need new ones.....constantly buying motors, and pulling the motor out every time to clean it, oil the bushings, mess with brushes, etc......it just was not much fun anymore.

Now with LiPo & the brushless "stock" motors that are out there, it makes it more of a driver & car setup competition, not just how much money you got for motors & batteries.....

If you meet the criteria for the class, you should run it. If they complain that you are too fast for the other drivers, and they meet the class criteria too, then maybe they need to have a rookie class, not bump your stock vehicle to run with mod class.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Yes it sucks when ur track owner hobbyshop owner pulls this on a customer that drives 2hrs to be there.

i doubt they are in the business/hobby to make it last or grow with the way they have continued to act about this whole situation.

i personally will not ever race where the owners think its ok to discriminate against someone and then hide behind a clause..... pretty lame and childish.

why have a place to race if u don't want to race???

i just hope other ppl will hear/see this and think twice before they spend a dollar at their place of "business" or waste their time and money to even go there......

Last edited by SnakeBait; 12-02-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.