Wiki Posts
Search

xxx-t cr or RC10T4

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default xxx-t cr or RC10T4

Currently have a losi xxx-t. Got it for free. basically it got me hooked. My buddy has a RC10t4 and everytime I drive it I can't help but think it drives so much better than my xxx-t. Not to mention seems more durable. So Im gonna upgrade to a new truck. What's everyones opinion?

I know none of the losi's work for losi anymore and they seem to focus more on the RTR cars and not serious racers.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Ive have driven,raced both and honestly when setup properly a xxxt-cr will go just as good as a T4. Theres things about both that i've always liked better,for example. I've always like the stealth tranny better than losi and i've always liked the shocks on losi better than associated..
Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah im retarded I just did a search and found the same thread. I was hoping one was better than the other like the case is sometimes. But after reading the other thread I gather that both trucks are more than capable. Just need to tune it to how you drive etc... Local racers and all that doesn't mean anything here since it's all 1/8 scale LOL
Old 11-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What version XXX-T do you have? The new CR has a longer chassis, and this seems to be reported as much more stable....

You can prob just get a XXX-T CR chassis for your current truck, and see how it does....if it's in good overall shape.....just an idea to try without having to buy a whole new kit.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
What version XXX-T do you have? The new CR has a longer chassis, and this seems to be reported as much more stable....

You can prob just get a XXX-T CR chassis for your current truck, and see how it does....if it's in good overall shape.....just an idea to try without having to buy a whole new kit.
Never thought about that. I believe the xxx-t was a RTR kit. Not sure what version. Some of the plastic has the RTR stamped on it. When I got the kit it has some cheap LRP ESC and a crappy motor.

Currently it has carbon front and rear shock towers,carbon front and rear arms, carbon back chassis, xxx-NT rear aluminum threaded shocks, xxx-nt front shocks.Im also running a 7cell 5000 pack with a traxxas velinien setup and a spektrum dx3.0 The main thing is there are no good set-ups for this truck. I know the suspension is different on the new CR version, with the quick change hubs and hub carriers etc...
Old 11-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

xxx-t cr. the chassis flexes good to absorb all the bumps and stuff. thats is the best of the two.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome
Never thought about that. I believe the xxx-t was a RTR kit. Not sure what version. Some of the plastic has the RTR stamped on it. When I got the kit it has some cheap LRP ESC and a crappy motor.

Currently it has carbon front and rear shock towers,carbon front and rear arms, carbon back chassis, xxx-NT rear aluminum threaded shocks, xxx-nt front shocks.Im also running a 7cell 5000 pack with a traxxas velinien setup and a spektrum dx3.0 The main thing is there are no good set-ups for this truck. I know the suspension is different on the new CR version, with the quick change hubs and hub carriers etc...
Sounds like you got alot of money in the truck already.....I'd suggest a CR chassis for about 25$, and see how the truck runs after that. I believe it is straight bolt on part.

I think the quick change rear hubs are a convenience feature.....not sure how many sets of rims you want to buy as well to replace what you already have.

I'm sure there are some setups for the truck around....or just come up with your own...
Old 11-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You will also need to get the xxx-t cr battery brace. The normal battery brace is too short.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

LOL. Yeah I have like 18prs of rims and tires
Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
You will also need to get the xxx-t cr battery brace. The normal battery brace is too short.
Yeah, you think they would supply that, don't you? Or, if you want to try a cheap way to see if you like it.....get a Speed-T Chassis and battery brace...it's the RTR chassis, but you can find them on eBay for about 5-10$ with the battery hold down as well.

I should know, I sell them but keeping the last chassis as a backup for my truck....until I get more in
Old 11-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They used to but now they dont.