R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-25-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default hello guys newbie here.. need help on high lift

hello everyone,
im new on this hobby.. just bought my very first kit, the tamiya hilux high lift..
im already halfway on my build, problem is i don't know what controller to buy..

does the controller includes shift servo, steering servo and receiver? and what is ESC? i don't plan to buy the MFC-02 though.. and the manual says i need to buy a 4ch transmitter..

how much does that cost? can anyone recommend a transmitter under $100 or $200.. anyway.. i'll be researching stuffs and this site has plenty of information.. sorry for the noob questions though.. and TIA!
CrumpyChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

get a hitec MG servo

very powerful and durable
around 40-60 bux
mm7700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

hey mm7700, thanks..
im actually looking at the recommended controller the futaba attack 4wd t4vwd.. but im looking for alternatives which is cheaper since im not gonna use the mfc-02.. anyway i'll check what you have suggested.. thanks again..
CrumpyChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you are not going to use the MFU for the F350 (I don't on mine) then any 3Ch would work fine as well. I prefer the pistol/wheel over the twin sticks my self. There are a number of nice 3Ch radios out the for under 200$. You can pretty much find something in your price range from most manufactures (i.e. Futaba, Airtronics, Spektrum...) So its just a matter of finding what features you like, and which one fits your hand the best. I use the 3PK (not to cheep though) for all my cars. One radio, rather then multiple transmitters. Not to shy you away from this forum, but there is a forum dedicated to the hilift, you can find alot of good information for your F350 there. I am also a member there as well. Both are great forums.

Check it out, you might find some good info there as well.
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return - Leonardo da Vinci
DHC6 is offline   Reply With Quote