R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-01-2008, 07:37 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Been running Mamba Max in both our Rustlers for over a year now. We have had some minor failures but Castle has been great at standing behind their warranty. The Mamba is hard to beat for durability and versatility.
Powered by Mamba 5700
Dadx2mj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #17
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Seriously, the Castle Creations products are excellent. My first brushless system for my B44 is a Mamba Max with the 5700kV motor. I was so impressed on the sheer power and how rugged it was (never had it thermalled, and I remind you that the innards of my B44 is sealed with the body and undertray).

I was so impressed by this system, that I bought ANOTHER Mamba Max with a 4600kV motor this time for my other 4WD buggy, the DF-03MS...

Never had any problem with this system. Just make sure to update the ESC with the latest firmware off of Castle's site, and start fidgeting with the settings until you have a setup that's right for you.

For me, I use 30% drag brakes, no traction control, and motor timing to the "lowest" setting for the 5700kV setup. I set the timing to "low" for the 4600kV. Even setting the timing to the lowest on the 5700kV, I have NO PROBLEMS clearing triples and other obstacles. A blip of the throttle at the last minute is usually enough to clear any triples at my local track...
tom_chang79 is offline   Reply With Quote