Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
LRP vs. Novak vs. Tekin Brushless Speedos?!?!?!?! >

LRP vs. Novak vs. Tekin Brushless Speedos?!?!?!?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP vs. Novak vs. Tekin Brushless Speedos?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

have used all 3 and when it was my money i plummed for the tekin rs pro as it was smoother than the rest, smaller, more setup options (especially with the hotwire), very user friendly, runs cooler and doesnt get affected if the motor gets wet and drops a sensor as it is a hybrid speedo so best of both worlds. has saved me a qualifying run at a national already (and it counted).

when i had any problems in terms of what setup to go for on it the team (both drivers and the company) were very knowledgable, friendly and as helpfull as i could ever of wanted.

all this made the discision very very easy as to what to run for now and next year.

i have been running the tekin rs pro for aprox 3-4 months now every weekend and havent had a single glitch from it so buy with confidence
Old 11-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

How does the hotwire work on the RS pro?
Should you invest in one right away?
Old 11-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmargiotta

What are the pros and cons to sensored and sensorless?
Sensored is just a little more smooth right? Or does efficiency come into play as well?

Thanks for the feedback fellas!!!!
One more vote for the RSpro. I heard that this works with both sensored and sensorless motors. With sensored motors, at low RPMs it uses the external sensors on the motors, then it transitions seamlessly to sensorless as the RPMs rise. So this gives you the best of both worlds.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by b4wires
How does the hotwire work on the RS pro?
Should you invest in one right away?

down load the program onto your pc and then connect the hotwire from the pc into the reciever wire, it gives you more adjustment on the speedo as everything is on slider bars and you can adjust the timing as well.

worth the small investment especially if you happen to have a laptop that you take to the track like i do as you can adjust away to your hearts content
Old 11-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by razo125
One more vote for the RSpro. I heard that this works with both sensored and sensorless motors. With sensored motors, at low RPMs it uses the external sensors on the motors, then it transitions seamlessly to sensorless as the RPMs rise. So this gives you the best of both worlds.
correct

also if you have a sensor wire fall out or dont have one at all it will run in sensorless mode or run a sensored motor without the lead without worrying
Old 11-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by niggs98
down load the program onto your pc and then connect the hotwire from the pc into the reciever wire, it gives you more adjustment on the speedo as everything is on slider bars and you can adjust the timing as well.

worth the small investment especially if you happen to have a laptop that you take to the track like i do as you can adjust away to your hearts content
Thanks for the info, I'm going to price three Tekin RS Pro's tonight at the races. I'm sold on the speedos
Old 11-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I have used almost all of them:

Novak: Set up seemed a pain and the unit was just too damn big. I borrowed one while my LRP was getting fixed.

LRP: Easy to set up, typically a solid performer. Lacking usable profiles for off road (never used past drive profile 3 although I guess I never needed to). mode/set pin switches need to be more reliable (I always had tape over the holes, but they still go every now and then).

Tekin RS: Bought on to try while my LRP was in for repair...lol. Have not run it yet, but it is easy to set up (with or without the Hotwire), is compact and looks pretty good. Others at the track love theirs. I am excited to try it out. The solder posts are great too!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tekin rs pro is amazing. definately buy the hotwire for it also it make the programming so user friend as if it wasnt already. this is the cream of the crop when it comes to brushless systems. the redine motors are very good as well
Old 11-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sick of the brushed stock motors. I went and bought a Tekin RS Pro with a 17.5 for my wifes stadium truck last night.
I have two Novak GTX's for sale?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys, remember that you don't really need the RS Pro unless you think you might run some hardcore modifieds down the road. If you're going to run 13.5 10.5 17.5 all the way down to a 6.5 the RS can handle that.

I do recomend the RS Pro when you strap it in for a 4wd offroad car. There are a lot more loads as well as most have undertrays. The RS Pro can hanlde the extra loads and heat. Besides most of us are running 6.5's and hotter motors in that class!

With the Hotwire and RS esc you're set for good. Any updates or improvements are easy to download and install. If we make an improvement, you've already invested the money, and quite frankly should get that support from us.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I do recomend the RS Pro when you strap it in for a 4wd offroad car. There are a lot more loads as well as most have undertrays. The RS Pro can hanlde the extra loads and heat. Besides most of us are running 6.5's and hotter motors in that class!
So this will handle the 4.5 in my 4wd with no problems? I'm really tired of the shoehorned GTB that is in there now and looking for a smaller replacement option that can stand the draw and the heat.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The RS Pro can pretty much handle any motor out there. Alot of people are using them in 1/8th scale buggy conversions. If they can handle those motors, then I think us 1/10th scalers would be just fine.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

...Especially when you talk about "shoe horning" your GTB in there. The RS Pro is one of the smallest sensored brushless speedos I've seen. It doesn't have a fan on it which is a big plus.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
...Especially when you talk about "shoe horning" your GTB in there. The RS Pro is one of the smallest sensored brushless speedos I've seen. It doesn't have a fan on it which is a big plus.
Chris Wolfson, do you have an RS Pro in any two wheel drive?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The RS Pro can handle motors all the way down to a 2.5.

The RS is good down to a 5.5 however I recomend using the RS Pro in 4wd mod due to lack of airflow under the bodies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.