R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-19-2008, 12:21 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

Originally Posted by Craps View Post
I just started working with www.cheapbatterypacks.com after working with first Thunder Power and then MaxAmps for the past 5+ years of racing with li-pos in my E-1/8th scales and my 1/10th scale trucks/buggies for those in long electric mains including a recent finishing 2nd in the RC Pro Series Nats in a 45 minute main with my 1/10th scale stadium truck.

www.cheapbatterypacks.com has been the best company I have worked with on custom building batteries from the best quality cells and I have even sent packs back to be rebuilt to my specs with great customer service and no BS.

Thank you www.cheapbatterypacks.com !!!

I like the Elite series packs 30C and 35C ratings.
I'm not discounting them as the company; rather, I'm discounting the Lipo battery companies whom are marketing their own "C" rating.

The fact there isn't any industry standard that they can agree on, it makes the consumer confused to compare between an actual battery that can perform at the rated 30C/35C or an actual battery that only showing it can do 30C/35C...just not do not bet on performing it.

The line has to be drawn somewhere just like the old Panasonic 3000mah Nimh vs Sanyo 3000HV or Sanyo 3300HV vs GP3300. Both company said it is capable of producing 3000mah or 3300mah but only one can produce a true as in the label or better (in case of Sanyo and GP) than spec. That (result(s)) do(es) not need marketing.
Tamiya DB01 Durga\Kyosho Lazer ZX-5\Kyosho Turbo Optima

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by adawg1 View Post
Ive got a velineon motor with a venom 5000 2s 7.4v lipo on mine and it has plenty of power to say the least and has a run time of close to 30 mins
on the road and grass ovels I run a venom 11.1v 20c 5400mah in my vxl mm slash she hauls the mail

i get about the same run time 30min from my 2s 25c 5000mah intellect race packs.
khosho 1/8 inferno st/r novak 5.5 hv pro 4s lipo
traxxas slash vxl 3s
18T truggy 3s mamba mm pro 6800kv
basherinferno is offline   Reply With Quote