Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slash Rentals...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Not a bad idea...I'll talk to some of the local shops about it.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Not a bad idea...I'll talk to some of the local shops about it.
I would suggest a coupon card with the name on the back.....keeps the 'racer' from giving the card away.

Or, make it $25-30 off a slash "package" Truck, charger & battery.....as the shop may not like taking a $25-30 hit on the truck, but has more room on the other items to make up for it.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
I say $25-30 for a race day....if they don't try it, they might not want to do it.

Rental, race fees, charging & use of batteries all included.

If you want to charge a higher price, perhaps some sort of coupon or discount for buying one at the local hobby shop. aka....pay 40$ to race 1 day, get a 25-30$ coupon off your Slash purchase.
Good Idea!
When you think about it how much does the average racer pay on a race day. $15 for entry fee for 1 class, plus tires, parts, batteries, motors, etc. it adds up.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

$30 is fair, I would think....you would have to assume the average new racer is gonna break something as well....and really can't be held responsible for what gets broken. I doubt they will 'rent' more than twice before walking away, or buying into the hobby.

Then you have another LHS buyer....
Old 11-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Obviously Porkey you've never played paintball, gone skiing or done a similar expensive hobby. A day of paintball will easily cost you $80+. A day of skiing...probably close to the same. Most of the time people who rent this type of equipment fall into one of two groups.

Group 1: I'm renting because a friend/relative is going.
Group 2: I want to try it out because I may want to do this myself and want to try it out before I sink big $$ into it myself.

If the price is found to be too high then no one will rent them. If that happens the price gets dropped.
What dose paint ball and skiing have to do with this, my home paint ball shop has a corce and its 30.00 free CO2 free paint balls. I played befor and its cheap, just my 2 cents
Old 11-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I've spent an easy $50 bucks on race day. Between entry fees, parts, etc. My question is, will the drivers renting to race be prepared to do the wrenching on them on race day?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porkey
What dose paint ball and skiing have to do with this, my home paint ball shop has a corce and its 30.00 free CO2 free paint balls. I played befor and its cheap, just my 2 cents
Including a rental gun? Free paintballs? Really...shoot me their web site I REALLY don't believe that. Paintball fields make most of their money on paintballs...

What it has to do is they are hobbies that have expensive equipment and already have rental programs in most places.

Honestly though, I wasn't asking for your approval on my pricing scheme. If you don't like it, when you implement a similar program you can charge what you like.

As for wrenching I'll be pairing up experienced racers with rental folks. A slash is a slash and there will really be no wrenching on the cars unless something breaks.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Including a rental gun? Free paintballs? Really...shoot me their web site I REALLY don't believe that. Paintball fields make most of their money on paintballs...

What it has to do is they are hobbies that have expensive equipment and already have rental programs in most places.

Honestly though, I wasn't asking for your approval on my pricing scheme. If you don't like it, when you implement a similar program you can charge what you like.

As for wrenching I'll be pairing up experienced racers with rental folks. A slash is a slash and there will really be no wrenching on the cars unless something breaks.
I could give a rats ass what you think i think about your price... witch is over price IMO. They dont have a web site there just a little paint ball field.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nice, classy. You obviously do care what he thinks if you keep coming back to tell us that you think it's too high.

I think this is a great idea Dr. and I applaud your efforts to promote the hobby.

$25 for just the rental seems high at first reaction, but that's for a whole day of racing, probably 6 or 7 packs worth of runtime. That's not out of line with other rental programs I've heard about, and it does cover parts and maintenance. Some racers spend $50 worth of gas every weekend just to get to the track these days and $6 to pound down a value meal on the way. Round of golf anyone? Pay the course fee (or corce as some people say)...want to rent a cart...oh that's more. This is not out of the ordinary.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I could give a rats ass what you think i think about your price... witch is over price IMO. They dont have a web site there just a little paint ball field.
Then tell us the name of the field, you haven't answered. I've been playing paint ball for over 10 years. Unless I've known the owner, you buy the paint balls at the field- that's where the money is. I'd love to play where its free.

Now the only way I could what your saying is true is the if the 'Free' balls are just maybe 2 loaders of cheap balls.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Well I think you think I think you think we all know you are full of it.

Like I said before, the purpose was to share the idea and hopefully get some more people into the hobby.

One last comment on the price, It's already rented out for the entire weekend.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hah good Dr! I have no opinion on this thread, but I love THE MAN WITH TWO BRAINS. It seems to have switched to paintballs somewhere....
Old 11-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

25 For and the race fee... JOKE! why would somebody spend 45-50 dollors on a Truck that they will drive once. I would have the race fee included.
that would be $35 at your local track. I've seen you break close to that in parts in one day.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

I say $25-30

Gotta keep the initial price low to get them in the hobby...

It's like the 1.99$ milk at the back of the store......you always leave with more than the milk (well, at least I do )
Old 11-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

on a non race day I could see $20-$25. I would probably discount the race fee though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.