Community
Wiki Posts
Search

b44 set-up???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool b44 set-up???

im wanting a ae b44, but im confused on how to set it up. ive been asking questions about the b44 in the forums for a while now and have learned that a good setup is key. so what should i get motor wise, esc, i think you need a steerng servo, and batteries. the little things like tire glue and oil and stuff i can handle but when it comes to the main set up stuff, im stumped. mamba, losi, novak, ae? what a really good way to set one of these bad boys up. experienced replys only please. thanx, clay unruh
Old 11-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

cant go wrong with LRP or novak systems. If you plan on racing i would stick with the sensor based brushless systems. I personally run the LRP saphere comp with a 5.5 x-11 motor. plents of speed and torque. I also like the fact i can run a brushed based motor if i want to with the LRP set up.

A couple of my friends have the losi system and thoes seem pretty good also.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

Here is what i run. I run a novak GTB and novak velociti 6.5L motor. Diggity Designs Lipo trays with Trakpower 4800 saddle packs! Gearing you will have to play with, i run 20/81. It is extremely fast. Make sure that if you use lipo, add some weight to the car to compensate. Everything else is pretty much to stock specs. I do not run sway bars. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

thanx for the info. i think im going to look into the losi set-up and the novak. i really dig losi. anyone else have somthing good to say about the b44, i hope so. thanx agian, clay unruh
Old 11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

1cougar1- looking at the losi system next to the novak system there is almost no differance visually besides color. The system is really solid and it comes with the setup to mess with everything on the computer. It is also cheaper than the novak and matches the B44 colors (i know, it dosent matter but i gotta have my stuff matching). I am running mayfields setup from the JC clash and it is really solid. Easy to drive and hooked up. do yourself a favor and order a sway bar kit.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down

the losi set up looks real good. im going to go w/ the xcelorin sensored motor and esc combo, but my last question is there seems to be 6 diff. makes- 3.5t, 4.5t, 10.5t, 13.5t, 17.5t, and 36.5t. whats the diff. and whats everybody else running, clay unruh
Old 11-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

my buddy has a 6.5 and it is plenty fast. he races his with the 8th scale buggys sometimes.