Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

mine also pulled the screws loose. first day on the track with my b44 and lrp combo. i think i was running it to hot may have been part of the problem. but i have since changed to orion motors since lrp did not want to cover the cost of fixing it. orion motors are pretty nice
Old 11-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

I had a machinist make me a few new rings out of better aluminum where the screw holes are getting stripped out. Unsoldered the the tab sensor plate, installed the new ring, soldered everything back up and its works fine now.

I think LRP should either use larger 4-40 size screws or they should use a higher quality aluminum in their motors.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

friend of mine had 2x LRPs go bad, one a 7.5, the other a 6.5.
we thought he had 2x very expensive paper weights.

but after i got the tekin rspro, we removed the 2x LRPs' sensor leads, plug them in the RSPro and lo and behold ... they were good to go. very smooth, very fast.

he must've been very unlucky to have 2x LRP sensor/PCB go bad on him, but with the RSPro, we've managed to salvage them.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:15 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I've run LRP brushless motors now for a year. The only problem I've had was buying one one here from some A-hole (shadow102) that did come stripped where the 3 long screws go through the can. The screws themselves aren't stripped, but the alum. ring inside.
Check there new revision out.
http://www.redrc.net/2008/11/exclusi...or/#more-12368
Old 11-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I had purchased one LRP motor and it was stripped right out of the box. That was my first and last LRP motor.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Motor screws fix

We've seen lotsa LRP motor screws that are loose and will not tighten on motors that are new in box and never ran. It appears as the can threads are 2-56 thread and the motor screws are metric.

The easiest fix is to slightly flatten the treaded part of the motor screw in a vise. That expands the none flattened threads so that they will grip the can threads.

Another fix is to use t-nuts(blind nuts) that has the same thread as your motor screws. You have to remove most of the t-nut flange and slightly counter bore the motor can to accept the threaded portion of the t-nut.

This problem has been going on for years. Boo on LRP.

Rotsa Ruck.