Community
Wiki Posts
Search

battery/charger problems???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default battery/charger problems???

I have had my R/C stuff about 3 weeks. Evader ST, Dynamite Vision Peak Charger 2, 2 Dynamite batterys. Two days ago I noticed the cars speed was much slower than usual bt decent run time.I cleaned the motor and recharged the batterys. When I recharged the batterys I noticed the last stage of lights before peak charge went pretty fast, ad the batteys were not warm , as usual, when fully charged. still slow speeds but good run time (7-10 minutes). I never ran a newly charged battery or recharged a warm battery after running. I have however charged batterys and not used them for a day or so.Is this my problem.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default battery/charger problems???

Klaus;

To get maximum performance and runtime out of your Packs. You should discharge to 0.9 volts or run them out until the Car/Truck slows down noticably.

If you fully charge then Store the packs, even for a day. The Vehicle's performance will suffer for the next run or two.
Most types of batteries perform their best when used right after being charged and still warm.

DO allow then to cool AFTER being run/discharged before you charge them up again.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If the batteries were not warm at all, there's a chance they may have false peaked and not completely charged. Did you try charging them again? Fully charged batteries should be warm to the touch, but not hot.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Will someone give me a website for proper battery care,use,charging, do's& don'ts etc. Thanks
Old 10-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

With your budget stick packs there's only so much you can do. Rules are... make sure you have a NIMH compatible charger if you use NiMH cells, don't put them back on charge when they're still warm from the last run, don't run them totally flat while they are in the car, discharge regularly with a discharger with a cutoff (around 5.4v for a 6-cell pack), avoid charging them at a rate twice their capacity (i.e 4A for a 2000 pack), and remember that they're only charged when they're warm to the touch, not hot.

These basic rules apply to any pack of battery you buy, but if you want to become obsessive there are a million different things you can try - and the fashionable charging regime changes every few months!