Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default Need help

I have a rustler XL-5 and I was bashing it in the street. I was not running it very hard and after about 5 minutes I herd a kinda squealing noise I figured out that it was coming out of the main gear box but I dont want to take the time to open it up and not know what happend so if any of you had this happen to you please let me know what you did to fix it
Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I never owned a Rustler, but I have had a sqeuling noise before.
Check to see if your slipper is adjusted properly and check that the wheels turn without making any crunching noises in the gear box. It could be a bad bearing also.
Ultimately, I would not be lazy and take the gear box apart to inspect everything. Check all of the gears and bearings. Also check out the motor and clean it. Check the wheel bearings too. Bearings may need to be cleaned and re-lubed or it could be too late for that and you may need new ones.
Doing maintenance is part of the hobby. Your Rustler will last longer, go faster, and handle better if it is properly maintained. The instruction manual that came with your Rustler should be a huge help to you-check it out!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by maylemay
I have a rustler XL-5 and I was bashing it in the street. I was not running it very hard and after about 5 minutes I herd a kinda squealing noise I figured out that it was coming out of the main gear box but I dont want to take the time to open it up and not know what happend so if any of you had this happen to you please let me know what you did to fix it
you are going to have to take the time, because without some self diagnosis on your part all anyone is doing is guessing since it could be a ton of things. welcome to the wonderful world of RC
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

thanks