Wiki Posts
Search

B4 SET UP

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default B4 SET UP

Hello I some how lost reverse with my LRP Runner ESC and i got a LRP super digital from a T4 http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/383431.asp i guess i can run down to 13T, I have a 19T bearing machine wound modified spec class Reedy Motor now and 23/81 gears is this ok for my set up ? I am not racing just playing around with my friends on the parking lot .If i do get a different motor what do you guys recommend 17T 15T 13T or should i not push it to the limit of the ESC. I have a spare P2K pro copper head Trinity motor how good are this ?

Thanks
Old 10-31-2008, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trinity P2K Pro is a 27T stock motor. Good stock motor that makes good torque. I use to use that motor in a T4. Prefer Co27 for the B4.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JLinney
Trinity P2K Pro is a 27T stock motor. Good stock motor that makes good torque. I use to use that motor in a T4. Prefer Co27 for the B4.
Wouldn't the 19t modified spec class motor be faster then the Trinity co27 tho ? I thought less turns you will go faster ?I am new at this so I am trying to learn and yes I am using the search button too .
Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

19T motor definately faster, was just naming a good stock buggy motor to go with the P2K you were asking about.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

If you're jsut playing with your friends on the parking lot, a modified 19T is a bit much in my opinion. Not just the power, but more the maintenance that will be required.
Not sure if you have a comm lathe and so on, but if you don't, and you don't get the comm skimmed, the performance will start dropping until you just have a nice paper weight.
With stock motors, they don't have the same power or tuning as a modified, but you can just use and abuse them, change the brushes every now and then, and get 5 times the motor life for the same $$$.
My 2c.

Bythe way, 23 tooth pinion on a 19T mod is pretty high. You should check your motor temp if you are having long runs in the carpark. If it burns you when you touch it, your motor will die quick!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JR007
If you're jsut playing with your friends on the parking lot, a modified 19T is a bit much in my opinion. Not just the power, but more the maintenance that will be required.
Not sure if you have a comm lathe and so on, but if you don't, and you don't get the comm skimmed, the performance will start dropping until you just have a nice paper weight.
With stock motors, they don't have the same power or tuning as a modified, but you can just use and abuse them, change the brushes every now and then, and get 5 times the motor life for the same $$$.
My 2c.

Bythe way, 23 tooth pinion on a 19T mod is pretty high. You should check your motor temp if you are having long runs in the carpark. If it burns you when you touch it, your motor will die quick!
No i dont have a comm lathe . I checked the temps and they range between 160-170* on one battery what pinion gear do you recommend trying to lower the temps ? I was told under 180-190* I would be ok i just put some new brushes and i will keep my eye on them and change em as needed instead of going down to a 17 or 15 turn maybe i'll go brushless .
Old 11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

LRP make pretty good ESC's, so I would worry about running a motor close to the ESC limit. The key really is about run-time. If you are planning to throw in pack after pack for an hour of running, ANY motor will get damn hot. The main issue with heat, is that it results in lower power, and your brushes will wear faster.

Mod motors are designed for racing. Races are generally 5 or 6 minutes, then the motor has time to cool down. Running low-turn mod full bore for 20 minutes in the carpark is great fun, but it will shorten the life of the motors a LOT, especially if you can't skim the comm often.

If you can afford it, I think brushless is great stuff. I don't have one, but that's purely a cost issue. Very little maintenance, and you can gear them up a lot more than brushed so you will have higher top speeds (which is what i'm guessing you are going for). Perfect for all bashers
Old 11-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well after doing alot of reading around on different boards seams like brushless is the way to go i might try another brushed motor according to lrp i could run up to a 13T motor . Or go to the castle sidewinder 4600kv i have read good things about it and some people dont like them because it ist sensored but i really dont plan on doing any races other then racing my friends from work . Found a dirt track at the park that is built for rc racing with some nice jumps .