Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
best place to find a good price on an AE b4??? >

best place to find a good price on an AE b4???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best place to find a good price on an AE b4???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

A-main with the 10% off coupon they have out.....
Old 10-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

local hobby shop without them this hobby WILL die.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by waggz
local hobby shop without them this hobby WILL die.
I'm prob going to get alot of grief for this....

I can't count how many thousands I have dropped over the years at LHS's....

but when it comes down to paying full retail for a kit at a LHS, vs a online shop....I'm going online. It's all supply and demand...if there were more competition for local shops, they would have to have better pricing.

They all buy from the same distributors, it's just how much they markup the items they sell. (aka sell closer to full retail price)
Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Try telling the LHS that you have seen it for less on line. Most will work with you if it's not a Stormer sell at cost price.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

I guess it also depends if the shop is a chain, or a one off family store....Alot of the Hobby Town's I have been to don't even know much about what they sell. That is the main reason to go to a LHS....to get someone with expertise on the item you are interested in.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

HobbyTown USA doesn't fit in the "LHS" category
Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by y2kgtp

but when it comes down to paying full retail for a kit at a LHS, vs a online shop....I'm going online. It's all supply and demand...if there were more competition for local shops, they would have to have better pricing.

They all buy from the same distributors, it's just how much they markup the items they sell. (aka sell closer to full retail price)

Dude im pretty sure leisure would come very close on a kit if you ask. You guys are lucky to have that place... then to order online.

On a side note sometimes you do see a-main,stormer ect ect.. sell for less than a small shop can purchase a kit for. What happened to manf. pricing. Its B.S but not much a shop owner can do. Most of the time a shop just cant compete hence to evil of online shops killing hobby shops.

If you save 10$ or so on a kit thats what you lhs would have made on the sale. Ask for a free race night that or something
Old 10-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by y2kgtp

If Scott knows you buy a lot from him and you ask what he can do on the price for like a kit , engine , or both , he will deal with some great prices .
Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

well let me put you in my shoes. every track or hobby shop in my area is at the least an hour away.. only one of these has ties with a track. all the other tracks are run by people that just run tracks. so it makes no sense for me to drive an hour away from my house to get this kit that will be on average $30 higher than the internet, gas bout $20, and tax on top of that another $20. so you are looking at another $70 on top of the 2 hours worth of driving back and forth, and thats if they have what i need in stock. online hobby stores were created for people like me. there is no reason for me to support someone else, and lose money out of my pocket, if it doesn't benefit anyone else other than that person.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

i am not trying to get an attitude, start an argument, or offend anyone. just letting you know how it is for me. if this tread is offending anyone i appolagize.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

For your situation I can see why you choose webstores .
Old 10-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cleblanc
well let me put you in my shoes. every track or hobby shop in my area is at the least an hour away.. only one of these has ties with a track. all the other tracks are run by people that just run tracks. so it makes no sense for me to drive an hour away from my house to get this kit that will be on average $30 higher than the internet, gas bout $20, and tax on top of that another $20. so you are looking at another $70 on top of the 2 hours worth of driving back and forth, and thats if they have what i need in stock. online hobby stores were created for people like me. there is no reason for me to support someone else, and lose money out of my pocket, if it doesn't benefit anyone else other than that person.

Buy it where you race it. If the track don't sell it or the local hobby shop ain't where you race and it's filled with plane crap then buy it online.

The rule is buy from where you race. You gotta. It goes both ways.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Briguy
If Scott knows you buy a lot from him and you ask what he can do on the price for like a kit , engine , or both , he will deal with some great prices .
I'll check on that then. I plan on quite a few purchases in the near future, so maybe a bulk discount?

Prob no more than 3-4 vehicles a week. Don't ask.