Mod buggy
Mod truck
Mod 4wd

Super stock buggy
Super stock truck
Super stock 4wd

Slash open

****NO ROOKIES ALLOWED UNTIL TOP THREE IN RESPECTIVE CLASS****

If you fell this may be to many classes, well then eliminate SLASH due to it being a fad!!! Really, no ones picking up a sponsor for this or going to NATS.

As you can tell from the results of this year there are currently 8 people in expert stock truck. I think that the top 6 from sportmans truck should move into this class making it 14. Then in turn move the top 8 (perhaps 1 or 2 won't) from rookie to sportman. That will balance out the Stock truck class.
The same can be applied to stock buggy. Move the top 6 from sportsman to expert making that a class of 14 as well.
From here on the top three winners of each class will move to the next level and all will stay balanced.

I personally wont make to much of an effort to race in 2009 if stock truck is only rookie and open and the likewise for buggy!!!!! That would make stock truck/buggy have A-(E) (possibly) mains, which will consume just as much time as my proposed class divisions. More so, where is the motivation for people like myself whom have only raced for two years? Theres not much of a chance in being in an A or possible B main. I understand paying your dues but that seems a bit FAR streched!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think JBRL should be look at as any other big race and to stop all the sandbagging I think this should be the break down

Rookie(stock motors and 1/10scale car)
Stock Buggy
Stock Truck
Super Stock Buggy
Super Stock Truck
Super Stock 4wd
Mod Buggy
Mod Truck
Mod 4wd
and any other class that can hold itself, such as slash and what not.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

It should be:

Rookie, Stock, SS, Mod.

Divide by type of car as needed. Having more than one class just dilutes the class and provides 6 car A Mains. Not fun when you spend the same amount of money as everyone else to race.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Maybe electric conversion for some tracks if big enough?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I hope Jimmy reads this thread...

I remember back at the start a few years ago everybody saying how the JBRL series race was for the club racers to have some "cross town" competition.. It has turned into team racing...

It really sucks to race in a "Sportsman" class and have half the guys racing you that have sponsors and are sandbagging...

I remember back in the day... at big races if you had any sponsor you had to run "Expert" or "Pro" classes.

Also.. too much bitching and moaning up on the stand during a race... need a race official to monitor the race stand...

Last thing.. I understand we need a drivers meeting.. but it's like 40+ minutes.. way too long.. especially when Jimmy makes everybody stand on the track.. and it was very hot at many of the tracks even at 8am.... take it down to 10 mins and put all the sponsor talk after... maybe even bump the meeting to an hour earlier so folks can make last minute changes and fixes to their cars... at one race I got t-boned during the morning practice and before i could get the repairs done we had our track meeting.. and it went almost an 50mins.. i barely made it to race 1...

Basically we need to get the "fun" back in it... less serious.. it's toy racing!

Jerome
Old 10-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

holy crap a 40 minute drivers' meeting?!??
Old 10-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I would like to see Lipo/Brushless in every class, and longer qualifiers/mains also.

Rookie (run what you brung 1/10th, stock class rules)
Stock (Buggy/Truck)
S. Stock (Buggy/Truck/4wd)
Mod (Buggy/Truck/4wd)
Slash? E-1/8th? Next hot class?

I agree about making it "fun" again. The few races I got to attend this year were not fun. It seemed as if almost everyone was way to serious and people were ready to explode at a slight bump by lap traffic (okay...slowpokes like me). Relax, have fun, toys cars for bowling trophies....

You can flame me now...but get rid of the cash payback.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

okay, i dont run the jbrl (i live in michigan) but i have to chime in about the serious-ness.

that is what series are about. weekly club races are where the fun is at. yeah the series should be fun, but they are for points, and trophies. mock the trophy if you will but dont race the series if you dont care. its once a month, relax the other 3 weekends. some people do take racing pretty serious. we get sponsored and have fun with tough competition. if you ARE slow, get the heck out of the way when faster drivers are coming up. (i can be slow too, dont take that the wrong way).
Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If your so fast and skilled just drive around somebody, i agree with people moving out of the way but get real if somebody is really trying to pay attention to where there going they are looking in front not behind! Just gets old real fast when men bitch about toys!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I kinda like Jamal's idea but i think i heard somewhere that jimmy was going to be eliminating the expert classes. He was gonna replace them with something but i forgot...maybe super stock? we'll see.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
If your so fast and skilled just drive around somebody, i agree with people moving out of the way but get real if somebody is really trying to pay attention to where there going they are looking in front not behind! Just gets old real fast when men bitch about toys!
im saying like, just go wide on the corner and pay attention.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
I think JBRL should be look at as any other big race and to stop all the sandbagging I think this should be the break down

Rookie(stock motors and 1/10scale car)
Stock Buggy
Stock Truck
Super Stock Buggy
Super Stock Truck
Super Stock 4wd
Mod Buggy
Mod Truck
Mod 4wd
and any other class that can hold itself, such as slash and what not.
I think Jimmy is leaning toward this idea. Add Slash to what ever other class can hold itself!

Roar rules for motors will be in place for all classes next year. BL and Lipo in all classes.

Fun is what you make of it. It is not Jimmy's job to MAKE you have fun. It is up to the driver to have the attitude that this is fun. Jimmy is just supplying a venue to come and play. He does his best to keep the racing fair and run a smooth program and I think he does a pretty good job of it.

J-Mal-- I understand where you are coming from. We have all been there. There is the awkward time between rookie and open and open and expert for the spec classes. The reality is there will always be someone who is just a little bit better then everyone else in a give class. Just the way racing goes. Rookie has had a pretty good turnout but not enough to break up the class (buggies and trucks) IMO. The fall of the expert classes is there are not enough drivers. Not a lot of motivation or fun if you know you will make the main. Only one run out of the day means anything. It sucks when you end up in the C or D mains a these events (I was there a couple times in 4wd) but the JBRL gives you the opportunity to bump up. The old saying that you need to race against faster competion to get faster is true. Yeah you might be in the way here and there and you may not win any races or make any A mains but I will gurantee the experience you will gain by running with faster drivers will make you a better racer.

Last comment on this topic. "sponsored" drivers. Where do you draw the line. Some guys get a couple bucks off motors and are "sponsored" team drivers. Anybody who works for a hobby shop can get this deal on everything in the shop Are they sponsored? I can see drawing the line at chassis sponsors but the small motor and battery company sponsorships are hard to police. Also these drivers don't need sponsored products to win. I will gurantee you, you can buy better batteries then I ran all season. To be a faster driver takes practice and competition like the JBRL provides to get faster. Not equipment.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Roar rules for motors will be in place for all classes next year. BL and Lipo in all classes.
so whats the ruling on allowing or disallowing mamba systems in this case? I know the ESC is legal nomatter what since ROAR doesnt police the ESC, but still...can i use my mamba system/motor in a mod class?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I believe sensored or sensorless will be allowed in mod.

Roar rules stated sensored only in stock and super stock though.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would vote for eliminating the crappy tracks in the series. I would rather see two races at a good track than Jimmy feeling compelled to run a race at a track that has been marginal for many years.

It costs a lot of $$$ for most racers to attend these races and if the track isn't fun, why go? After all, this IS about fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.