Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
please help with knowing diffenerecn between 27mhz and 75 mhz! >

please help with knowing diffenerecn between 27mhz and 75 mhz!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

please help with knowing diffenerecn between 27mhz and 75 mhz!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default please help with knowing diffenerecn between 27mhz and 75 mhz!

some please help me! whats the differercne between 27mhz or 75mhz! which is better! and does it really matter?
Old 08-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

the number of mhz is just a measure of how many times a second information is transmitted to the reciever. Typicaly the cheeper raidos are 27mhz and the more expensive ones are 75mhz. I don't think that you would notise a difference in performance but usualy the more expensive raidos are a better investment regardless of mhz.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Tech Initiate

27 mhz has a slower frequency rate than the 75 mhz. Im not sure what makes a diff. but i would think the 75 would go farther, Ive never seen 27 in airplanes, only 75, does this mean they go farther? i would think.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys, the speed is the same for all radio frequencies. What the 27 MHz and 75 MHz refers to is the size of the wavelength. Both still transmits at the same speed.

27 MHz is a longer wavelength than 75 MHz.

There are 6 channels available to use on the 27 MHz band and there are 30 channels on the 75 MHz band.

Most RTRs come with 27 MHz because there are less crystals to stock so they can save a few dollars there.

In the USA only 72 MHz and 27 MHz can be used for aircraft but mostly 72 due to possible interference by non-flying usage. 75 MHz on the other hand is strictly a surface only band (car or boat).
Old 09-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

The actual "speed" of the signal is EM related. The lower frequency the greater the wavelength, and for our planet the better transmittive properties through "air". 27Mhz is indeed slower in terms on capacity of the transmission, but our purposes the encoding of the signal has so little information, it doesn't matter.