Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
BEST 1/8 SCALE ELEC CONVERSION KIT.... >

BEST 1/8 SCALE ELEC CONVERSION KIT....

BEST 1/8 SCALE ELEC CONVERSION KIT....

Old 10-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default BEST 1/8 SCALE ELEC CONVERSION KIT....

i know there are alot of threads about elec 1/8 conversions but i would like to know who has the BEST KIT out right now after some time has passed and have real time driving on these kits..
im switching over and would like sum pre-input..
really wanting opions from the guys that have alot of time on there kits,rc moster,tekno etc and what they have found good and bad....
also who you bought from and if prices were good if you dont mind..

thank you in advance..

Last edited by BISBEE 248; 10-20-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The Tekno kit is by far the most advanced...it has the motor mount, battery tray, and new chassis. It uses an electric clutch which I believe is more suitable for nitro drivers because it gives the delay of power and allows use of brake bias or you can go with the direct drive.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I really like my www.rcproductdesigns.com kit. I have been doing really well with the car. The customer service is the best and the quality is even better.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

trd-thanks i did notice tekno comes with new chassis wasnt sure if that was good or bad,but looks like it keeps everything alittle lower(CG) were the rc bolts on top of old chassis so..??
Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What brand of car are you looking to convert?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kufman
What brand of car are you looking to convert?
GOOD QUESTION .. losi 8t..
Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

here are pics of my 8ight T with the www.rcproductdesigns.com kit.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

RCPD and Rc Monster parts are great for the 8ight-T. The spur is already offset for good balance so the stock chassis works well. Both RCPD and RC-Monster use bulkhead attached motor plates so chassis flex doesn't cause gear mesh problems. This is one concern with the Novak and Tekno conversions. The Tekno conversion also requires special pinions if you don't want to use their clutch system. Novak's limits you to Novak motors.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

If money is not an issue, the Mr. C. conversion is very good. There are 2 versions out and they are dedicated electric conversions. I happen to own a Version 1 for y MBX5T and it's very nice.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Guys we have a treat coming in the near future. At my local track Matrix Concepts has a new conversion for the losi. I was Beautiful!!! Carbon chassis with lexan underytray saddle pack style with 2 Reedy 5000mah packs in the rear. It even has a tray that the batts sit in. It uses there own carbon top plate to stiffin down the middle. They said they are a month away. This thing looks like a large scale electric 4wd. It only uses Losi f/r suspension. The car was not blistering fast, Truhe drove it t the end of racing last nightIt handles some sections better than his buggy. Well balanced.......I can't wait
Old 10-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I should've had my own 1/8 scale kits a while back, but the person who was going to do it won't be doing it anymore. So now I'm waiting for another company to give me the OK if they'll be able to do it.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
i know there are alot of threads about elec 1/8 conversions but i would like to know who has the BEST KIT out right now after some time has passed and have real time driving on these kits..
im switching over and would like sum pre-input..
really wanting opions from the guys that have alot of time on there kits,rc moster,tekno etc and what they have found good and bad....
also who you bought from and if prices were good if you dont mind..

thank you in advance..
I am very happy with my Novak Conversion kit with a 7.5 motor. Just finished 3rd in a 20 minute main behind another Novak Conversion kit buggy. I ran the entire 20 minutes with battery left over using 6600 mah Elite batteries they custom built for me at Cheapbatterypacks.com that fit the Novak battery trays perfectly.

Novak has done they're homework on this.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

lots of good info so far guys thank you,i knew i wold have sum people that love one kit and sum that love another and thats what i wanted to see was so of the diff's so thank you..
Old 10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
RCPD and Rc Monster parts are great for the 8ight-T. The spur is already offset for good balance so the stock chassis works well. Both RCPD and RC-Monster use bulkhead attached motor plates so chassis flex doesn't cause gear mesh problems. This is one concern with the Novak and Tekno conversions. The Tekno conversion also requires special pinions if you don't want to use their clutch system. Novak's limits you to Novak motors.
Just a quick correction, there is added bracing on all V3 kits to prevent flex in the motor mount area. To date, we have yet to strip a clutch bell with our system. I'd say definitively that flex is not an issue with the Tekno RC kits
Old 10-21-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by teknorc
Just a quick correction, there is added bracing on all V3 kits to prevent flex in the motor mount area. To date, we have yet to strip a clutch bell with our system. I'd say definitively that flex is not an issue with the Tekno RC kits
+1 I've been running the Tekno for 2 1/2 months with the same clutch bell and bearings. Finally replaced the shoes yesterday. Great kit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.