Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
kyosho rb5 or b4? >

kyosho rb5 or b4?

kyosho rb5 or b4?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shirk
What are jumping the car off houses or something. It shouldn't be every 3-4 days.
The AE shocks let dirt in them really easy, and they can be hard to rebulid when you have to press things together. The AE design is over 15 years old, btw.

Also I have to put fresh oil in my T4 every other week or I risk damaging the o-rings.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shirk
What are jumping the car off houses or something. It shouldn't be every 3-4 days.
he means every 3-4 race days and he's a damn good driver. On my t4 I go more often than that. AE shocks only work really well with fresh o-rings that haven't swelled and fresh clean oil. The cars handling takes a dump with old o-rings and oil. They need to change to the Yoke style shock--similar but miles easier to mess with.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

I rebuild my shocks about every ten race days. We race three times a week so thats about every three weeks.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I raced friday night with fresh seals, Prolly bout 80 min of running on the shocks. I will change the oil run another race night and then rebuild the bushing and the seals.

This keeps my car feeling "Tit's" every other race night and overall really consistant. The proof is in the time sheets for me. I am a lazy maintenance racer compared to most others.

Now my lazer with kyosho shocks i will change that oil like every 3 race nights and rebuild them every six. It's a pleasure to rebuild a kyosho shock.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:01 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I've seen some AE team setups sheets that specify "keep o-rings fresh". The AE shocks have a bigger gap in between the shaft and shock body that cakes up dirt. I dunno why they don't change their shock design slightly.

Last edited by Dasupacat1; 10-07-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Nick whatever car you decide you know we have parts. ALso make up your own mind why listen to Brandon he never listens to anyone else. If you listen to him you'll be rocking some old ebay junk. I know you can try my car and the guys will let you try the different ones. The rtr will not fell that different from the factroy team the geomtry is all the same.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yea thats very true, any time i need a part at lir about 100% of the time they have the part in stock and ull guys will be glad to help if i dont know how to fix something. And thats nice of everyone offering to let me test dirve their car, everyone at lir is always nice and very helpfull.