R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Post Is So. Cali still the MECCA of R/C

Good Day Ladies And Gentlemen,

I recently started racing R/C cars again after a long, long break. Come to find out that all my old friends still race but by a thread. When I used to race, there were three perhaps four tracks in southern Cali that were indoor. There were people practically living at the track. What happened? I know gas racing has gotten larger but what happened to the 1/10 scale electric people? Is this more of an east coast hobby all of a sudden. I purchased a T4 truck with all the electronics and recently started racing it. I couldn't believe the cost involved. What we would have given up before to race for so cheap. I mean, tires are always expensive but the lipo batteries and brushless motors alone are awesome. No more cutting motors every night and replacing brushes. I still see people running brushed motors but not everybody. Did people get spoiled and look for some other hobby? How many tracks are there in So. Cali? Where are all the old pros?

Please respond to me when you can. I hope we can get this industry back to what it once was.
Catch Me is offline   Reply With Quote