R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   t-4 RPM front arms warranty - FYI (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/245232-t-4-rpm-front-arms-warranty-fyi.html)

marccaracer 10-01-2008 03:29 AM

t-4 RPM front arms warranty - FYI

I purchased two sets of the RPM T-4 arms a few months back and have not broken one a-arm since. However, I have noticed that the block to arm pin holes have developed a big amount of slop that affects the steering. I sent RPM an email to inquire about their lifetime warranty on them concerning this. Here is a copy of the email I got back from them.

I'm afraid elongated hinge pin holes that are deformed from extended use are not covered under the provisions of the RPM warranty. There's a trade-off between durability and rigidity. If your arms were too rigid, you would have the problem of breakage as you have seen with your stock arms. Under extreme duress and severe impacts, our material may stretch over time in the thinnest areas, such as around the hinge pin holes. This usually happens only after several extreme impacts that would have caused any other a-arm to break. I hope this helps clarify our warranty policy.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.

Duster_360 10-01-2008 03:59 AM

Wow, what a nice choice - stock arms that breaks or rpm arms that wear to the point of causing strg slop that requires replacing every few months.

Had expected a little more from them than that lame response.

ta_man 10-01-2008 05:09 AM

I guess you need to hit something hard enough to break open that enlongated hinge pin hole. Like a hammer, with the hinge-pin held in a vise.:flaming:

Jason Pelletier 10-01-2008 07:10 AM

Dude what are arms, like 5 dollars ?

Stop being a cheapskate.

marccaracer 10-01-2008 10:15 AM

rb five,

Just trying to point out that they do not warranty their product 100% as most people think.

Being a cheapskate has made it possible for me to get back into this hobby after a 20 years off. I'll consider that a compliment.

If you would like to send a small stack of five dollar bills to me as a sponsor I will gladly buy a-arms with them. :lol:

Mister-T 10-01-2008 10:58 AM

I have been able to brake one of there large front bumper for T4, but shipping it back wasn't worthy for me :sweat:

schmelme 10-01-2008 10:58 AM

as with any warranty they are warranted against breakage. Not being wore out. Same thing with full size cars things that wear arent warrantied.
Not sure why you would expect free ones because they are wore out.

David Alberico 10-01-2008 11:24 AM

RPM warranties a consumable item, there is always a grey area, but the fact is once they have that much slop they are worn out, not broken.

Tater salad 10-01-2008 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by schmelme (Post 4895195)
as with any warranty they are warranted against breakage. Not being wore out. Same thing with full size cars things that wear arent warrantied.
Not sure why you would expect free ones because they are wore out.

Exactly what i was thinking. Think of it this way, you got a lot of use out of them to the point that if you were in a race you would have DNF'ed due to a broken stock a-arm several times, they have served their purpose, a-arms go thru a bunch of abuse. Like what RPM said, its a compromise, maybe now they can maybe somehow re-design them a little bit in that weak area but eventually they will wear out. If RPM warrantied every worn out part, like a front bumper worn thru due to months and months of bashing do you think they would still be in business?

crazy4wdracer 10-01-2008 01:20 PM

It would probably cost more to ship them back than the cost of the arms anyway.

Mannkenpis 10-01-2008 01:35 PM

RPM customer service is awesome, they take time to answer such question.

Turbo Joe 10-01-2008 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer (Post 4895590)
It would probably cost more to ship them back than the cost of the arms anyway.

Not if you live right near them. :D :ha:

Drifting101 10-01-2008 04:01 PM

By the time they need replacing you have already saved money on the normal broken arms

They have saved me many arms when bashing :nod:

chewiefttc4 10-01-2008 05:10 PM

im sorry but slopped out isnt broke. and they cant be that slopped out to where you cant drive. and if you are that serious about racing. to where you are worried about some slop then you shouldnt be using flimsy rpm arms anyways because they make the car feel soft and unpredictable.

buy some thin teflon shims and shim the arm. it will get you through a couple race weekends before you have to replace the shims.

TexRacer 10-01-2008 08:46 PM

Are you kidding me with this post???
RPM warranty is for Breakage. Did they BREAK????
Didnt think so. No warranty needed.
Do we now live in a society where people are such CRYBABIES that everything has to be handed to them? Dont answer that.

This POST proves it!!!!

Amazing.