Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Is AE/Thunder Tiger planning on designing a B5?  How about a T44? >

Is AE/Thunder Tiger planning on designing a B5? How about a T44?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is AE/Thunder Tiger planning on designing a B5? How about a T44?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Is AE/Thunder Tiger planning on designing a B5? How about a T44?

Does anyone here know if AE is planning on designing a B5, the next generation 2WD vehicle?

How about a T44? A 4wd truck version of B44? Dare I say, with longer arms, longer chassis?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Legend

As long as Ae has Ryan & Mayfield, they won`t need a new car ....
Old 09-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would say no, for one AE has never really been one to try to start anything new, but a 4wd truck could be big now.

As for a B5/T5 I just don't see that happending for a long time, as the cars are still winning races, so why change a car that can still win (look at the RC10GT, it stayed the same for a long time (for the most part) and it can still win races today although with time, a new truck was needed). Being that I said that, AE might comeout with a better car or a refined car just to freshen things up again (it is still unlikely, but could be somthing to look at maybe another 5 or so years form now)
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

I would love a B5 if they could just make it a bit more durable/easy to maintain/longer lasting, etc.

I think there are a few weak points, places where the screws could be bigger/longer/different, some parts reinforced a little, that kind of stuff.

You know, use the experience from the last couple years to make it better and more up-to-date.

I don't think Lipos were used at all when it came out, right? In any case, judging by the manual and all it was 100% targetted for NiXX cells, for example.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbon madness

As for a B5/T5 I just don't see that happending for a long time, as the cars are still winning races, so why change a car that can still win
8ight_____8ight 2.0
Old 09-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbon madness
I would say no, for one AE has never really been one to try to start anything new, but a 4wd truck could be big now.

As for a B5/T5 I just don't see that happending for a long time, as the cars are still winning races, so why change a car that can still win (look at the RC10GT, it stayed the same for a long time (for the most part) and it can still win races today although with time, a new truck was needed). Being that I said that, AE might comeout with a better car or a refined car just to freshen things up again (it is still unlikely, but could be somthing to look at maybe another 5 or so years form now)
For the same reason people want Losi to put out new 1/10 electric cars . Guess some people need something different all the time .
Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

It would be nice to see a lipo specific design. That and a revision to the shocks. But for now I'm perfectly happy with my B4.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
It would be nice to see a lipo specific design. That and a revision to the shocks. But for now I'm perfectly happy with my B4.
What do you mean by a lipo specific design ? Lipos fit just fine in the B/T4s .
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Yes, they do fit fine but was the chassis/suspension/gearing designed for the lower weight of lipos and and different gearing for brushless motors?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Yes, they do fit fine but was the chassis/suspension/gearing designed for the lower weight of lipos and and different gearing for brushless motors?
You have to add weight for handling purposes to begin with so the weight issue is near the same . Different gearing ? That is what different spur and pinion gears are for . I highly doubt they will make a B5/T5 just aimed for lipo as there are still many racers running nimh .
Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I don't think we will see the B5 anytime soon, and probably won't see a 4wd T4.

The big push right now appears to be 1/8 scale, and the electric movement there, along with CORR trucks.

As for things they could change on the B4, they did do a running change I believe on the B4 FT to go with the plastic chassis right away so you don't need to buy that anymore.

I think it would be cool if they had a way to make a weighted chassis. So if you wanted to add weight since you are running a lipo, just slide in the weight/ attachment for the amount you need, and it will be at the lowest possible CG too.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wild Cherry As long as Ae has Ryan & Mayfield, they won`t need a new car ....
+1 You do not change what works!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As much as I would like to have a new car, just for the sake of something new to tune on I would be happy with an updated kit.

All plastic parts included no graphite.
The new B44/B4 rear arms included
Front arms molded of the same plastic as the B44/GT2
Gt2 caster blocks included
.080 front shock shafts
B44 rear hubs and bearings included
New wing mount with more webbing like the B44
Revised steering rack like the Gt2!!!!!
CVA's with retaining clip instead of cvd's
STEEL center drilled fornt axels
Old 09-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They could call it the "aeRayls edition" B5 SWEEEEEET !!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I think any off-road company should consider making a li-po brushless specific car. I know we can all get it to work but having better motor balance, gearing options for 17.5 motors and removable weights would be awesome. I hate stick on weights, especially when you start the race at weight and end up DQ'd because they fall off and just getting the balance right would be totally plug and play! It would make our hobby that is advancing look better. I don't know how many times someone checks out a $500 touring car that looks like a pile because it has 40 million stick on wieghts making it look like a frankenstien project!

So B5 or RB6 or Losi XXX Cristy Canyon Signature edition, doesn't matter as long as it works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.