are these symptoms of a blown reciever?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are these symptoms of a blown reciever?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Default are these symptoms of a blown reciever?

i went to run my car again and the radio system went beserk(sp) again. the same symptoms happened the night before which is why I quit then.

1 I replaced all batteries in both the transmitter(it needed them)
2 tried all ecectronic replacement variables (granted I dont have an extra transmitter or reciever laying around)
3 check the chrystals

ok so here's what's happening:
1 being wierd especially in my gaurage (which never used to be a problem)
2 when power is turned on for the rx (tx (27.255) pwr is on) it will power up for about 1 second then stop. servos move like they do when they have no power
3 failsafe hasn't kicked in when lost control (probably due to the fact that it wasn't getting power)

ask if you have question otherwise let me know what your conclusion would be

BTw it is the HPI equivilant to an airtronics BL2DR tx and rx servos are different.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Default are these symptoms of a blown reciever?

corvettecrazy;

1) Make absolutely sure that the Receiver Batteries are fresh. If you're using Alkalines, it is easy to accidentially grab a dead cell and mix it in the the new.

2) Remove the Fail Safe from the loop. They can fail electronicly and cause the symtoms you described.

3) A BIG Crash can damage the internals of a Receiver. So that that into consideration.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: are these symptoms of a blown reciever?

Originally posted by popsracer
corvettecrazy;

1) Make absolutely sure that the Receiver Batteries are fresh. If you're using Alkalines, it is easy to accidentially grab a dead cell and mix it in the the new.

2) Remove the Fail Safe from the loop. They can fail electronicly and cause the symtoms you described.

3) A BIG Crash can damage the internals of a Receiver. So that that into consideration.
1 i'm positive they are fresh, tried 2 set and tested both sets to make sure of that

2 even with the fail safe off it stops working and would a failsafe cause the loss of power to both servos?

3 well i think the biggest crash I had was into a curb head on but it wasn't going that fast

i took a voltmeter thing and tested the reciever output with the power on and each channel showed in the mid 5's for power so is there something in the 3rd connection/ wire that could cause this?
Old 09-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

corvettecrazy;

Check the Power Switch on your Car/Truck.

Especially with Nitro Vehicles, they are vunerable to getting oil and dirt inside which will cause a poor connection.
We've had this problem several times over the years and the symptoms sound similar to yours.

The 3rd wire is the Signal wire.

Look for a loose Pin on either one of the Crystals. I had this problem with a TX crystal and it drove me nuts until I found it.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

corvettecrazy;

One more thing. Flourescent light fixtures can cause glitching.

I've got 5 seperate fixtures in my Garage (I like it Bright) and always have to go outside for Radio testing.