Wiki Posts
Search

castle sidwinder?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default castle sidwinder?

have a ? i can only use lipos on mine not sure why i have the programer for it but dont know how to use it complety i am just getting back into elc after a nine year break. also my 57k motor heats up really fast and shut the car off how can i keep the motor from overheating as well
Old 09-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mixedguy
have a ? i can only use lipos on mine not sure why i have the programer for it but dont know how to use it complety i am just getting back into elc after a nine year break. also my 57k motor heats up really fast and shut the car off how can i keep the motor from overheating as well
In the castlelink menu, go to the basics page and select the battery type you are using.

To keep the motor cool, why not install a heatsink and fan system? I installed a Yeah racing 2 fan setup with motor heatsink (one fan each for esc and heatsink). it was 12$... It makes a world of difference...

CODMAN
Old 09-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how hot is the motor and the esc if your motor is hotter then the esc then u need to gear up if your esc is hotter then your motor then u need to gear down u should be able to run nimhs and lipos with the cut off
Old 09-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is your setup? Car, gearing, etc...

You should be able to use NIMH and Lipos, but only 2 cell lipos with the Sidwinder and the 5700 motor. (no 3 cell.)

Go to your setting menu and make sure everything is turned all the way down. Timeing causes alot of heat for the motor so make sure its at the lowest setting. (0) Gearing and binding are the big heat producers, most people assume you can gear them to the moon but you can still over and under gear these systems.. (not saying you did just saying)

Just to add the mamba motors are good up to 200 degrees. So I would be careful if its shuting down on you. I suggest you get yourself a laser temp guage...