R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   OFNA 9.5 vs OFNA Hyper 7 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/24024-ofna-9-5-vs-ofna-hyper-7-a.html)

LosiFromHell986 09-08-2003 06:19 PM

OFNA 9.5 vs OFNA Hyper 7

basically all I need to say.... Which one is better, plz give examples....Thanks, 1/8 is a dream to me, hopefully realized....this year! :D

LosiFromHell986 09-08-2003 06:53 PM

also compare to the Ultra LX Pro! forgot that one...:lol:

KINGZJ 09-08-2003 06:54 PM

The hyper 7 is much better than the 9.5 almost the entire Ofna team is running the hyper 7 the only one I know of running the 9.5 is Adam Drake and he seems to be struggling a little with it. The Hyper 7 is very close in geometry to the Kyosho 7.5 so it handles very similar infact they share a few suspensin componets. So basically it is a clone of a 2 time Ifmar world championship winning car.

AreCee 09-09-2003 05:33 AM

Without getting into a flaming war both are good, economical options to Kyosho or Mugen.

Hyper 7 is made by Ho Bao and the Speed 9.5 is made by Hong Nor, both being distributed by Ofna. Both are very similar in design to all the other 1/8 scale off roaders. Both have good points and bad. The Hyper 7 has been around longer than the 9.5 and Ho Bao sponsors drivers to use them and they also have an extensive supply of upgrade parts named after Paul Coleman. Hong Nor doesn't have many sponsored drivers yet.

Adam Drake is working with Jay Halsey of Jammin Products and Hong Nor to upgrage the 9.5, he just had some bad luck with his engines dying out otherwise Adam was placing pretty high in the qualifiers until his flame out. Engine problems can even side line an IFMAR champion.

I just bought a 9.5 Pro and have to say that the kit parts quality was quite good. I used to race Kyosho 1/10 buggy years ago and would say that the quality is close. The manual is a POS so if you've never built a kit it could be difficult. What I liked most was the value, I got over $500 of hop-ups/upgrades and accessories included with a kit that cost only $400. The item that sold me was the inclusion of two suspension systems (C-Hub and PBS) of which I'm using the PBS with the C-Hub as back up.

The Hyper 7 Pro kit comes with quite a few hop-ups also.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

DickemDown 09-09-2003 08:22 AM

ya no flamin' war. both kick arse. i happen to get a hyper 7 cause that's what they sold me, and i haven't regretted it since. i've upgraded to all the pcr parts - not sure if it needed it or if it was even worth it, but what the hell, it looks pretty cool.

tony montana 09-09-2003 04:09 PM

I had a 9.5 pro and I will say that it is a great car, Acutally the 9.5 resembles the 7.5 more than a hyper 7. Right now I drive a kanai 2, but to be brutally honest, I really cant tell the difference between the 9.5 and my kanai 2 in handling, but I do think the kyohso is a little more durable. Im not knocking the hyper 7 it also is a great car and I race against many of them every week. I wouldnt go for any other ofna except the 9.5 or the hyper if you plan on racing

LosiFromHell986 09-09-2003 05:08 PM

What about the Ultra LX Pro?

eltorito 09-09-2003 05:24 PM

The Ultra what???? Many have said it and I will repeat. The buggies out there that are competitive out of the box with plenty of upgrades available here in the states are Kyosho 7.5, Mugen MBX-5, Ofna 9.5 and Hyper 7. Go with one of the above mentioned if u want the best of the best. Anything else out there is not up to par. Just my opinion

I have the Hyper 7 PBS with some upgrades. It handles very well and can hold its own against all the high dollar buggies out there. Only thing holding it back is my driving skills or lack thereof. You can ask Tony Montana who just posted how my buggy handles. He has seen it run. I still have to beat his lap record at the local track but I am getting there. ;-):nod:

tony montana 09-10-2003 07:34 PM

Yeah his pbs is hooked, With out a doubt I think it handles as good as any other buggy. I do think you will break that record javier

DickemDown 09-11-2003 07:49 AM

all right eltorito, i'm sold.

do you think you can help me out w/ a set up?

eltorito 09-11-2003 08:54 AM

Check your PMs here on rctech.net. Sent u my set up.

LosiFromHell986 09-11-2003 08:57 PM

Whats PBS stand for as in Hyper 7 PBS

eltorito 09-11-2003 09:40 PM

Pivot Ball Suspension

DickemDown 09-12-2003 08:20 AM

eltorito,

thanks for the set-up. you've got some good insite. do you race in the socal area?

eltorito 09-12-2003 08:23 AM

Wish I was in California! tracks all over the place. Sadly I live in Maryland. Closest quality track is 1.5 hours away. Very good competition up there.