Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What has Roar done for me lately ? >

What has Roar done for me lately ?

What has Roar done for me lately ?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tubaboy
No... Regional Directors should enforce the rules for higher level events. Where do you draw the line? Do you allow somebody to run a J82 in 2wd Buggy? Do you let somebody drive a 1/8th electric conversion in 4wd? That's the reason why there are rules.

Paul

Nobody has suggested anything so radical here. Racers can police themselves to that extent anyway, even without a rulebook.

Without a list of approved motors to reference, you would not be able to pick out the Castle motor from any other. Its just another 1/10 motor....

I agree that Dawn's comments and attitude are inappropriate. Just my opinion.

I have given a lot of praise for what ROAR has done with embracing new battery technology. Jumping on the lipo bandwagon was a great thing, and ROAR gets props for that. Same with going brushless in stock class.

Recent and past discussions about Castle in particular leaves a very bad taste however.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by glassdoctor

Nobody has suggested anything so radical here. Racers can police themselves to that extent anyway, even without a rulebook.

Without a list of approved motors to reference, you would not be able to pick out the Castle motor from any other. Its just another 1/10 motor....
Actually he made a very good point. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but just the type of things somebody somewhere would try to pull off.

Isn't that exactly the reason there is a rulebook, because racers have proven not being able to police themselves?
Old 09-05-2008, 04:35 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tubaboy
But would you like the premium hike after you had to file a claim via your home owners insurance? Yes my home owners insurance would cover any injury. But I would rather use ROAR to cover an injury.
My regular health insurance covers me as well. Most people have health insurance from work and it covers everything. I just would rather use my coverage from than depend on ROAR, I feel alot safer that way.
To be honest in 25 years worse that I have seen has been a sprained ankle. Not that stuff couldn't happen just has never been a problem.

Plus non of are tracks are ROAR. They all have business insurance that covers the hobbyshop, track and racers. The other thing is all tracks have wavers now days and you run at your own risk, whether they hold up in court of not is another thing.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wyd
My regular health insurance covers me as well. Most people have health insurance from work and it covers everything. I just would rather use my coverage from than depend on ROAR, I feel alot safer that way.
To be honest in 25 years worse that I have seen has been a sprained ankle. Not that stuff couldn't happen just has never been a problem.
i've read a lot over the last year or so how MOST people do not have "health insurance at work that covers everything," and even those that do can't afford a premium increase for an injury that was work-related or in the course of normal everyday life and I don't think getting plowed by an RC doing 40mph falls under either of those parameters.

have you not seen an astronomical increase in your premium over that same 25 year period, let alone the last 5 or 10 years alone?

not that trackside injuries should be a major concern as I've mostly seen things such as sprained ankles and minor cuts and bruises, but I've witnessed everything from broken legs and ankles to cracked ribs and broken arms and wrists from marshalling.

and the other thing to consider is the spectators, and frankly if my wife or girlfriend decided to come watch and was hit seriously enough to require a hospital visit I'd hate to fathom what a hit it'd be to my own coverage if I required my own personal insurance cover a serious injury.

what people are also overlooking is more and more tracks are using public lands like parks and recreation areas to construct facilities and literally every city I've heard of requires your organization to have insurance to use these lands, it's not like it's a non-issue some are making it out to be and signing a basic waiver just won't cut it either, and on top of that putting the burden on hobby shops and track owners to foot the bill for the required coverage is only opening a loophole that either increases their cost of doing business that is passed on to the hobbyists but also can lead to their failure as their retail prices get too high relative to the online market.

it's really simple economics
just from the point of view of having insurance coverage for a measly $30 a year seems pretty cheap considering everything involved
Old 09-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCabcs
Actually he made a very good point. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but just the type of things somebody somewhere would try to pull off.

Isn't that exactly the reason there is a rulebook, because racers have proven not being able to police themselves?
Actually I was trying to go over the top to prove that if you don't put out rules then somebody will do it.

paul
Old 09-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i've read a lot over the last year or so how MOST people do not have "health insurance at work that covers everything," and even those that do can't afford a premium increase for an injury that was work-related or in the course of normal everyday life and I don't think getting plowed by an RC doing 40mph falls under either of those parameters.

have you not seen an astronomical increase in your premium over that same 25 year period, let alone the last 5 or 10 years alone?

not that trackside injuries should be a major concern as I've mostly seen things such as sprained ankles and minor cuts and bruises, but I've witnessed everything from broken legs and ankles to cracked ribs and broken arms and wrists from marshalling.

and the other thing to consider is the spectators, and frankly if my wife or girlfriend decided to come watch and was hit seriously enough to require a hospital visit I'd hate to fathom what a hit it'd be to my own coverage if I required my own personal insurance cover a serious injury.

what people are also overlooking is more and more tracks are using public lands like parks and recreation areas to construct facilities and literally every city I've heard of requires your organization to have insurance to use these lands, it's not like it's a non-issue some are making it out to be and signing a basic waiver just won't cut it either, and on top of that putting the burden on hobby shops and track owners to foot the bill for the required coverage is only opening a loophole that either increases their cost of doing business that is passed on to the hobbyists but also can lead to their failure as their retail prices get too high relative to the online market.

it's really simple economics
just from the point of view of having insurance coverage for a measly $30 a year seems pretty cheap considering everything involved

LOL, when i was about 13 up to 20 we used to skateboard on half pipes vert walls etc. at a indoor facility and i broke my ankles and suffered many concussions cuts and bruises till i just couldn't take the abuse any more and let me tell you there was never a need for personal insurance.... even in the local park we have in our town you sign a waiver and thats it.

Your making rc sound like a dangerous sport. It's not.. a huge need. Soo go get some fresh air and lay up on the hyperbole statements.

I live in ny, the lower part where everybody sues eachother if they look at eachother funny and to this date i don't think our track has had a issue in over 12 years.

Not saying your wrong entirely i just know who you really are and your always looking for a rift with someone so it takes all your credibilty away.

Ya know argue for the sake of arguing.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
LOL, when i was about 13 up to 20 we used to skateboard on half pipes vert walls etc. at a indoor facility and i broke my ankles and suffered many concussions cuts and bruises till i just couldn't take the abuse any more and let me tell you there was never a need for personal insurance.... even in the local park we have in our town you sign a waiver and thats it.

Your making rc sound like a dangerous sport. It's not.. a huge need. Soo go get some fresh air and lay up on the hyperbole statements.

I live in ny, the lower part where everybody sues eachother if they look at eachother funny and to this date i don't think our track has had a issue in over 12 years.

Not saying your wrong entirely i just know who you really are and your always looking for a rift with someone so it takes all your credibilty away.

Ya know argue for the sake of arguing.
since it obviously wasn't the broken ankles that went untreated that affected your rationalization skills maybe it was the repeated concussions

"argue for the sake of agruing" ----- didn't you start this thread with that very purpose in mind?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor

I agree that Dawn's comments and attitude are inappropriate. Just my opinion.

I have given a lot of praise for what ROAR has done with embracing new battery technology. Jumping on the lipo bandwagon was a great thing, and ROAR gets props for that. Same with going brushless in stock class.

Recent and past discussions about Castle in particular leaves a very bad taste however.
I have to agree.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

since it obviously wasn't the broken ankles that went untreated that affected your rationalization skills maybe it was the repeated concussions

"argue for the sake of agruing" ----- didn't you start this thread with that very purpose in mind?
LOL i rest my case...... don't you get the hint ? you have made like 10 different screen names.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
What has roar done for racing lately ? Why does it need to exist ?
ROAR-basher !!!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

ROAR-basher !!!
Damn RocketRob/OldSchoolRacer, you're an idiot.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Legend

Off topic , but hell who cares about it anyway...

Is the electric committee considering increasing the main`s from the 5 min we have now ?
and
RB-5 , its getting old ....
Old 09-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

Is the electric committee considering increasing the main`s from the 5 min we have now ?
and
RB-5 , its getting old ....
I like this question cherry and think thats a fantastic idea and would only help electric racing but i don't know what you mean by it's getting old.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

The Electric Committee is very actively working on many items. This one included.

Why do you ask?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

He is probably asking because with the use of Lipo there seems to be quite
few Mah left after a 5 min race. So being so much Mah left in the lipo
why not use it for a longer race just like Nimh, but with in limits of the cut offs
of the lipos themselves. My question is will there be a standard for lipos to have built in cut offs. I forgot what brand has this I thought trinity did
it with there batterys. I think you would see more brush mores switching
to lipo's . I myself run brushless , my son brushed. I know we can by a cut
off but @ 30 average I can save that money to eventually use to a esc
with cut off . It would be nice to havea redundant back up system instead of relying on just an esc to do the cutoff.

Dynodan22

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.