Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What has Roar done for me lately ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jay bird. i dident even have to read who started this, and i knew it was you. hahahahahahaha
Old 08-27-2008, 02:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico
We all need a sanctioning body to keep rules in check so we don't see extremely wide cars, people wiring up 12 cell lipos...well you get the point.
Although I see your point, but I will argue that you do not need a sanctioning body to acomplish this.

our local track is indoor so the owner caries his own insurance. The rules set into place for the classes were also set in place by the owner, towards what the drivers wanted to run.

Individual tracks have the ability to govern the racers and let them know what is and isn't allowed for classes.

for national events, its of course different, but running off the IFMAR rules is not that difficult.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think that a sanctioning body is necessary. Maybe not ROAR....but someone. Sanctioning bodies are the organizations which make the rules governing races and race cars. They are also supposed to promote, referee and reward the winners of races. ROAR falls short in all of those catagories. We need a sanctioning body that does what it's supposed to do, and ROAR has not held up that end of the bargin for some time now.

Why?

I would guess that time and money have something to do with it. With racing being such a small percentage of the toy car market, it really cuts into the available resources (both people and $$) to run a sanctioning body appropriately for us.

So what has ROAR done for me lately? Not much.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

...It is worth having the roar membership at a roar track where you do have insurance, in the case if someone slips and falls or gets hit with a car. You may never see it, but the risk is there, and that is where Roar steps up....
That's only if every racer there is a ROAR member. If you have five ROAR members and 30 non members racing and something were to happen, there is no coverage, even if it was one of the members that was involved.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

However, ROAR uses a voting system for their leaders. If you feel the leadership is heading in the wrong direction, sign up for ROAR and vote!

That pretty much says it all.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CE28N
I paid for a membership since Norcal Hobbies in Union City requires it to race or to practice.

That was 4 months ago over teh net. I signed up and everything. I printed out the "temporary membership card" that got sent to me over email, but they STILL haven't sent over my real membership card.

I got mine within a week or so. Signed up on 7-31, the Nats started on 8-15. Had my card and rule book well before the race.

ROAR has its good and bad points......maybe a few more bad than good, but overall I think ROAR is needed.

What I dont think is needed is $80 per class to race with no break for mulitple classes. You only get one t-shirt!!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what a load of whiners.... you complain about paying a small membership fee, that is probably a minuscule amount to what you pay, for over inflated parts and accessories....

If you pay and get insurance, it is probably far far cheaper than arranging your own.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
what a load of whiners.... you complain about paying a small membership fee, that is probably a minuscule amount to what you pay, for over inflated parts and accessories....

If you pay and get insurance, it is probably far far cheaper than arranging your own.
But why do i have to pay it ?

Why do i need insurance for some races and not others ?

Why am i covered if everyone is a roar member and not if 1 guy isn't.

What have they done for us lately ?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

All racing has governing body. Without it racing wouldnt survive. Nobody agrees with all the rules and structure but we still race. What did roar do to hurt you rb-five.
Since we're on the subject i think roar is doing great lately with races,rmt, rules,approvals ect.. i think the break down of classes is a bit much for the ep offroad segment but it makes a fit for everyone. GO ROAR
Old 08-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Stab me in the face with a dull fork.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Buckyaga

for national events, its of course different, but running off the IFMAR rules is not that difficult.
And where do IFMAR get there rules?

From the governing bodies in each country.

The rules go upward, from local level, to national, to international.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Legend

Default ROAR

They finally legalize Li-Po so I rejoin um like I said I would .
Old 08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

ROAR is trying. They have some good people with good intentions trying to make it fair for everyone on most every level. There are some things though that need to be worked on..........

Overall I think ROAR is doing an OK job right now. Hopefully (and I'm sure it will) only get better.

$30 for one year is nothing......even if you attend just one ROAR sanctioned event in that year, you've got insurance coverage for that race. It only takes one race to get hurt or hurt someone else.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schmelme
What did roar do to hurt you rb-five.

It's what they don't do........
Old 08-27-2008, 03:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metla
And where do IFMAR get there rules?

From the governing bodies in each country.

The rules go upward, from local level, to national, to international.
what makes more sense?

one governing body that dictates standards for world events

or

individual bodies from each country trying to give their input for how they view standards and practices should be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.