Wiki Posts
Search

What has Roar done for me lately ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
No matter how you slice it we still have a woman being president of ROAR.

After having Hillary as president for 8 years I was a little leary too.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
ROAR gave us a woman president.
DUDE!!! You Suck. All of you panty wearing, blind, daddy loveing, c@/k s*%k#+g, fools suck. U act like ur local track and racers couldent come up with these rudimental rules. Do honestly think u would b raceing with 30 other guys on the track, or someones batt would go on fire cause it was shady. No. Come on guys its not like the FIA. Its toy cars. Yes insurance is needed but if ur track doesnt have it they r just jabronies
Old 08-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Whereve you sign up, they have to send the info in. They could have dropped the ball, misplaced your specific form or maybe it slipped out of the folder. who knows. all sorts of things could have happened. Email ROAR asking them to see if they have received or processed your form and go from there. They are only human.

Everytime I have updated my roar I get something within 3 weeks, rule book, card and all.

And for the guys who still don't comprehend. If we didn't have somebody setting the rules like nascar, department of highway safety and motor vehicles.. we'd all be racing something and bitching about this guys car is wider, that guy has bigger tires, track a is too narrow, track b is has no walls. Or your s-10 went under the back of a tractor trailer, you couldn't see the edge of the road and drove off the road. city xyz uses purple, black and blue for traffic lights. city ghe drives on the left side of the road and ..whatever.

Usually the people complaining are on the paying side of the window and have never been on the 'making it happen' side of things. they all shut up after they put some time in.

and if you are curious, i've been on the making it happen side since 1998. racing since 96.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To the original poster, the ROAR site pretty much tells you everything they provide for ROAR members and ROAR affiliated track.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Like the thread says.... what have you done for me lately. I don't care about toy car insurance. Hit me in the head, hit me in the leg.... you think your getting a dime out of roar your sadly mistaken.

It's bad enough with auto insurance. I believe someone close will run for our region and i will support him as i think he would be a good fit.

I guess the grip has to go with director's who are pretty inactive.

and it's purely for discussion so calm your roar-nads fellow toy car enthusiasts.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
After having Hillary as president for 8 years I was a little leary too.
Now that is funny. Very true.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:43 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gweed
DUDE!!! You Suck. All of you panty wearing, blind, daddy loveing, c@/k s*%k#+g, fools suck. U act like ur local track and racers couldent come up with these rudimental rules. Do honestly think u would b raceing with 30 other guys on the track, or someones batt would go on fire cause it was shady. No. Come on guys its not like the FIA. Its toy cars. Yes insurance is needed but if ur track doesnt have it they r just jabronies
Well dude 25 plus years ago I raced with 30 plus guys weekly and no one knew what a ROAR was. We had no problems and happy racers.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I don't always see eye to eye with are Region 2 director but I will say at least Kevin works on getting races setup for offroad all the time. To be honest it is a tough job because when he says ROAR race attendance goes down 1/2 at most of are tracks but I gotta give him credit for working on making things better. Actually in 25 years I never seen any of are Region 2 directors work harder than him to get races for Region 2.

Other nice thing he races and understands what racers want whether ROAR agrees or not he knows what are region is looking for and works on making it happen.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
I don't always see eye to eye with are Region 2 director but I will say at least Kevin works on getting races setup for offroad all the time. To be honest it is a tough job because when he says ROAR race attendance goes down 1/2 at most of are tracks but I gotta give him credit for working on making things better. Actually in 25 years I never seen any of are Region 2 directors work harder than him to get races for Region 2.

Other nice thing he races and understands what racers want whether ROAR agrees or not he knows what are region is looking for and works on making it happen.
I agree i like his participation and effort. That's kinda what we don't have in our region.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For most of the tracks that I visit on a routine basis, ROAR provides liability insurance that without it, we wouldn't exist since our parks exist on state or city owned land. So to the person that can only see his track and thinks that any track that needs the insurance are full of idiots get real. Where else can we get that kind of insurance for $35 a year as a track.

Second, they provide a consistent set of rules. Without these rules, one track's stock class may be 8.5 turn motors, while another track may be 13.5. Additionally, you could run into some tracks that allow a buggy to use Rear Truck rims on their buggy (thus giving it a wider stance) than buggy rims. There are hundreds of examples.

Is ROAR perfect? No, they aren't. Do they provide capabilities to us that otherwise would prevent us from being in existence? Yes they do.

I'd also like to compare ROAR to AMA. Our facility has both runways and tracks. AMA provides insurance to both types of RC. However, they don't offer up competition rules as far as I know. Their membership is significantly more expensive. They also provide additional resources to their clubs that ROAR does not.

From my personal experience, it comes down to your ROAR regional director. My region hasn't had a decent director for years. Our current director doesn't even race at a ROAR track. At least one of the tracks that he normally frequents is an excellent track, but clearly caters the rules to their local rules and changes things on the fly based on their locals, even for a bowling trophy race. *sigh* It was a good event, but that kind of crap happens everywhere, so no use in dragging said track through the mud, because I'm positive I've done the same thing at my track on the weekends that I am the race director. edit: Sean Sanchez actually did a decent job in his brief time. To bad he couldn't stay on board.

If somebody nominated me for Region 10 Director, I'm not sure I'd have the time. I surely don't have the contacts, as I'm not a sponsored driver and that appears to be a requirement based on what I've seen in the past.

Last edited by Tubaboy; 08-28-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tubaboy
For most of the tracks that I visit on a routine basis, ROAR provides liability insurance that without it, we wouldn't exist since our parks exist on state or city owned land. So to the person that can only see his track and thinks that any track that needs the insurance are full of idiots get real. Where else can we get that kind of insurance for $35 a year as a track.

Second, they provide a consistent set of rules. Without these rules, one track's stock class may be 8.5 turn motors, while another track may be 13.5. Additionally, you could run into some tracks that allow a buggy to use Rear Truck rims on their buggy (thus giving it a wider stance) than buggy rims. There are hundreds of examples.

Is ROAR perfect? No, they aren't. Do they provide capabilities to us that otherwise would prevent us from being in existence? Yes they do.

I'd also like to compare ROAR to AMA. Our facility has both runways and tracks. AMA provides insurance to both types of RC. However, they don't offer up competition rules as far as I know. Their membership is significantly more expensive. They also provide additional resources to their clubs that ROAR does not.

From my personal experience, it comes down to your ROAR regional director. My region hasn't had a decent director for years. Our current director doesn't even race at a ROAR track. At least one of the tracks that he normally frequents is an excellent track, but clearly caters the rules to their local rules and changes things on the fly based on their locals, even for a bowling trophy race. *sigh* It was a good event, but that kind of crap happens everywhere, so no use in dragging said track through the mud, because I'm positive I've done the same thing at my track on the weekends that I am the race director. edit: Sean Sanchez actually did a decent job in his brief time. To bad he couldn't stay on board.

If somebody nominated me for Region 10 Director, I'm not sure I'd have the time. I surely don't have the contacts, as I'm not a sponsored driver and that appears to be a requirement based on what I've seen in the past.
If that's last snippet is actually true (which i don't believe is)..... it's pathetic.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

Roar is just another hoop in life that you must jump through. Don't let it frustrate you. I can see where you are coming from, at my tracks they do let some people run without roar for the first couple times. That being said, what if the new guy takes the big double at full blast and hits me in the head. Would Roar cover me even though the driver who hit me does not have liability insurance because he is not a roar member? That i am unsure about.

Don't expect much from ROAR, they won't call you on your birthday or visit you if they stop through your town. They are the elected group of individuals that keep some sort of organization to our "toy car racing". Believe it or not but we do need ROAR for the progression of our hobby. Like some of the others have said, try to get involved.

just my 2 cents

Last edited by Bulldawg RC; 08-28-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by J_P
RB: Lets do it this way. Sell everything you own, that ROAR has had something to do with. Let's start with, you race at a track, right? Most tracks are based on ROAR rules. Lane width, amount of cars, length of races. Your track has AMB, right? Why do you think the standard race heats are based on Ten cars? Yep, ROAR rules. Do you drive a truck? Sell it. Trucks are not a part of IFMAR, so that means that ROAR has made every rule from Wheel size to wheel base to body spec's. Does your radio have eight batteries? Bye-bye. That voltage is within ROAR rules. Every wheel, tire, body, part and kit is made to fit within ROAR specs, along with IFMAR. And now, the new stuff, like Brushless motors and Speedo's.
Have fun finding a new hobby, I'll be looking for your stuff in the "For sale " thread.
Wtf are you talking about.... I race toy cars. I buy off the shelf gear roar didn't make my m11 china did... ... go be a tool somewhere. else.

I run Mod anything goes baby. We don't need roar rules at our track to know what the deal is we have the best racing on the eats coast because of bobby betts. Experience in racing makes our races great.

Whats has roar done to improve the hobby lately ?

Cause it's dying.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
Roar is just another hoop in life that you must jump through. Don't let it frustrate you. I can see where you are coming from, at my tracks they do let some people run without roar for the first couple times. That being said, what if the new guy takes the big double at full blast and hits me in the head. Would Roar cover me even though the driver who hit me does not have liability insurance because he is not a roar member? That i am unsure about.

Don't expect much from ROAR, they won't call you on your birthday or visit you in they stop through your town. They are the elected group of individuals that keep some sort of organization to our "toy car racing". Believe it or not but we do need ROAR for the progression of our hobby. Like some of the others have said, try to get involved.

just my 2 cents
Ya, i think this sums it up. In the meanwhile, i'll use my "membership card" to hopefully race at Norcal Hobbies.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:59 PM
MDB
Suspended

Originally Posted by RB FIVE

Whats has roar done to improve the hobby lately ?

Cause it's dying.
Really???

Maybe the nitro side of the sport is because of the economy is bad, but the electric side is doing good.

The bad economy is not ROAR's fault.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.