Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10T4 Problems???

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? RC10T4 Problems???

I am looking at getting a new truck. I have heard so much bad stuff about the new XXXT that I am going have to jump off the Losi train. I have been running them since 95'.

How is the RC10T4 Factory Team working for you? Any problems with the fit of the parts? How is the new tranny holding up? Hows the performance?

Thanks,

Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i like the t4 more then the xxx-t. had a t4 with a mm5700 as a beater and never had a problem
Old 08-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

no, no, no. try the xxx-t cr! that is one of the most competitive trucks at my local track. the people that are driving them seem to be winning over the factory team t4's. the truck is pretty solid and light. the car with its different longer wheel base makes turning a breeze and stability something you dont need to worry about.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMO The T4 really seems to be a solid truck in general. With the correct setup of course they are nimble, jump effortlessly, get crazy pop, and seem to get plenty of power to the gound without any trouble. I have never assembled a factory team T4 so not sure on the parts fit but the trannies on the T4's ive seen and driven are smooth as butter. All this from someone who runs a xxx-t. Nothing against losi, I'm sure there are plenty of people who love their CR's, but the T4 is definately a good truck.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon A
IMO The T4 really seems to be a solid truck in general. With the correct setup of course they are nimble, jump effortlessly, get crazy pop, and seem to get plenty of power to the gound without any trouble. I have never assembled a factory team T4 so not sure on the parts fit but the trannies on the T4's ive seen and driven are smooth as butter. All this from someone who runs a xxx-t. Nothing against losi, I'm sure there are plenty of people who love their CR's, but the T4 is definately a good truck.
im a losi guy too and the t4 is the truck to run at the track, the cr's seem to have something over the other trucks on the track.
the t4 is a great truck. id personally think about it and see what your lhs has for parts. that can help too.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

I can't speak to the factory team version, it's got to be a bit more fragile, but I love my MUCH enhanced RTR version plenty and it's super durable; I never had anything break until some yahoo out of towner plowed into me at full throttle during practice and broke my front right wheel hub assembly.

It's a J82 now, and I'm digging it even more.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:18 AM
Tech Rookie

RC10T4 RS Owner here...

Very solid truck.. I've completely torn it down and built it back up with no issues, everything is rock solid..
Old 08-25-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Adept

i raced a xxxt for 8 years and think they are great. i just got a t4 2 months ago and race it 3 times a week. never broke a thing yet on it. the diff is simple, smooth and the grease doesnt fly out of it like the losi does. the parts fit perfect. the only thing wrong is that you cant tighten the tranny screws too tight. just snug them down and use glue or blue locktight on the threads. not having to worry about e clips is a big plus too.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KingofRacebucks
i raced a xxxt for 8 years and think they are great. i just got a t4 2 months ago and race it 3 times a week. never broke a thing yet on it. the diff is simple, smooth and the grease doesnt fly out of it like the losi does. the parts fit perfect. the only thing wrong is that you cant tighten the tranny screws too tight. just snug them down and use glue or blue locktight on the threads. not having to worry about e clips is a big plus too.
Thanks for the tip on the tranny. Is that because it will cause binding or the case will crack?
Old 08-25-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I'm an AE guy (as you can see from my sig) and I love my FT T4. It's easy to build, good quality parts, awesome tranny & diff, and tough as nails. You have to hit something really hard to break anything. I've won all but 2 races with it this year at my home track, but the Losi truck is also a real good one. There are 3 Losi trucks that run with me every race and all are very competitive.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

T4 FT is the way to go....I got one for my son when he was 8 and the kid punishes the truck and it keeps coming back for more. He hasnt broken many parts which surprised me. I put a Novak 13.5 in it and it is a great truck.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I love the T4. You wont be dissapointed with it.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the T4 trany is nice i love it havnt had a problem just
make shure that u rebuild the diff
Old 08-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Heathen
Thanks for the tip on the tranny. Is that because it will cause binding or the case will crack?
it causes the case to bind if it is too tight. i havnt had a pomblem just snugging them down and ca glue for thread lock. another thing is that you dont want to grease the servo saver at all. tighten it down like the instructions tell ya but no grease or the front wheels jiggle back and forth in the ruff stuff....another great thing that the t4 has over the xxxt is carries more mid corner speed which is great for sweeper turns.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I like my FT T4 it's soo dialed everywhere we go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.