Wiki Posts
Search

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you know Losi is putting out a conversion kit which I want to try. I run Nitro and I love it. However the brushless looks nice and would save $ on my 1+ gallon a week habit. The kit is pretty straight forward however I don't want to use there motors. Stock motors usually suck I want to by this once and have the right stuff. Have already learned my RTR and going cheap lessons.

So my questions are what do I need and who makes the best stuff. I know there will be different opinions and thats cool. Just point me in the right direction. Please remember I don't know jack about going brushless. I still think thats what a bald guy does. So please don't abbreviate and describe what each thing does. I still think Esc is the escape key on the computer seriously I do. What do I want to get out of going brushless? Speed obscene amounts of it and lots of fun.

Thanks for your help and sorry about another whats the best thread.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Why would you think the stock motor Sucks? And iam not sure what you mean by stock. Most people that will build this car will have to do the conversion.They are only building a limited run of the buggy that will come with a motor and speedo.Plus Losi as done a lot of homework on this.Before they decided to go ahead with the release of the conversion. Anyway there is a lot of great info on here about 1/8 brushless you best bet is to go over and read the 1/8 scale brushless conversion thread there is all the info you could ever need.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I to am going to go brushless with my 8 buggy and reading through all the post are time consuming and blinding. So a couple of current posts about ..motor &esc , battery combo 4c,5c,6c lower kv=less power but cooler temp &longer run time would be great. And lets say keep it to stuff anyone could buy. Last question will a ice charger work on chargeing the required battery................mmm & neo1515.
..........................novak & 6.5.
.........................losi esc & 1700kv.

.........................max amp's.
.........................engerland cell's?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hot rod rc
I to am going to go brushless with my 8 buggy and reading through all the post are time consuming and blinding. So a couple of current posts about ..motor &esc , battery combo 4c,5c,6c lower kv=less power but cooler temp &longer run time would be great. And lets say keep it to stuff anyone could buy. Last question will a ice charger work on chargeing the required battery................mmm & neo1515.
..........................novak & 6.5.
.........................losi esc & 1700kv.

.........................max amp's.
.........................engerland cell's?
Yes, reading through all the posts is time consuming, but it is also very worthwhile.
I can guarantee every question you have about brushless will have been answered at least once in that thread.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well if done my research my setup is going to be the
MMM
neu 1512/3d
5s 5000

that will get you a very smooth running brushless buggy
Old 08-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Those are good, although you might want to look at the Medusa motors too. People say theyre just like NEU's only less $$$$$.