Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hot Rod Hobbies -ROAR NATS >

Hot Rod Hobbies -ROAR NATS

Hot Rod Hobbies -ROAR NATS

Old 08-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Hot Rod Hobbies -ROAR NATS

Does anyone have a current pic on how the track looks like. Will the current design stay the same for the Nats?

Thx,
John
Old 08-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

The nats layout goes in tomorrow
Old 08-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Hehe...take a photo of the Shootout layout and superimpose a telescope image of the moon's surface, and that's what it CURRENTLY looks like! I reckon someone locally will put up photos of the new layout once it's done, although I suppose Jimmy will do the same thing he did with the nats and trim it with astroturf right before the nationals...just so the club racers don't mess it up. Although they aren't allowing any 8th scale/gas on the track after the rebuild, just electrics...so it should be pretty well set up for the nats.

Last edited by kdeselms; 08-04-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Do you know for sure if people will be able to club race or practice on the nationals layout prior to the week of the nationals?
Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Jesse last Tuesday they said there was club racing tuesday and saturday of this week
Old 08-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And the club racing will be run WET.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, from what I was told the clay sets up better if it's got cars running on it wet - packs down better, I guess. But yeah, since they aren't allowing nitro on the track till after the nats now, it should stay pretty nice. Those guys tear the track a new one, every time they go out there.

I don't know that they're going to open the track for practice though, it may just be for the club racing. I SHOULD be out there helping rebuild and get some free club racing (and pizza), but for some reason I thought it was next weekend and so my wife had other plans for me :/
Old 08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Man... wish I could make it and visit with everyone just like I have the last 3 years...

Best of Luck to all though and no doubt Jimmy and Co. will put on probably the Best and Smoothest ROAR Nats at his own home track!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Stopped by tonight to get a look at the track and the new layout looks sweet. Jimmy's going to try and keep it under wraps until the week of the nats, so I imagine the locals will acquiesce to his wishes and not post photos, to keep it a surprise. It's got a little bit of everything though - some technical aspects, some air, elevation changes...should be a nice, challenging layout. It's quite a bit different from the Shootout one, so anyone that was there for those races will definitely have some adjusting to do. We'll see how it goes with the club races this week!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I'm sure it will be sweet. I get to watch another boring family wedding that weekend instead of racing there..haha..I need an iphone so I can catch the action in the church on LiveRC! Good luck to the Red Army!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
I'm sure it will be sweet. I get to watch another boring family wedding that weekend instead of racing there..haha..I need an iphone so I can catch the action in the church on LiveRC! Good luck to the Red Army!
I dont know Johnny, you're looking a little under the weather. I dont think a wedding would be good to go to in your condition You need a trip to Cali to recouperate

Sorry you wont be able to make it. We'll try to take home some hardware for you buddy!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeselms
Stopped by tonight to get a look at the track and the new layout looks sweet. Jimmy's going to try and keep it under wraps until the week of the nats, so I imagine the locals will acquiesce to his wishes and not post photos, to keep it a surprise. It's got a little bit of everything though - some technical aspects, some air, elevation changes...should be a nice, challenging layout. It's quite a bit different from the Shootout one, so anyone that was there for those races will definitely have some adjusting to do. We'll see how it goes with the club races this week!
They should make it fair and post pictures for everyone. The locals shouldn't be the only ones to get to see the track, this is a National event, not a local one. Just my opinion.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL! B4 & B44..

+1 on that note!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

You'll probably see photos early, anyway...if the Shootout is any measure, there will be people showing up pretty early to participate in club racing, as a way of getting some extra track time. Hopefully not Saturday though, I don't want to be there till after midnight...
Old 08-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

pics would be great!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.