Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8IGHT Brushless Kit & 1/8 Motor/ESC Combos

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haulin79
Losi should announce their future 8Ight-e...if not I just might buy this instead:

from www.casterracingusa.com

But if I knew of the 8ight-e release date then I would likely wait for it. There would be no loss on Losi's part if they announced it because they currently have no internal competing 1/8-electric products.
Why not just buy a 8ight and a Conversion Kit. Is it really that hard to do?
Old 08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

haulin - Why the Caster? How many races has its nitro car won? Compare that to the Losi's wins and accolades. One would have to be off their rocker to buy something else. Plus Losi parts can be had at 90% of the hobby shops around the nation. Losi is pretty much a household name in RC...

I have no clue the price on the Caster car...

But Lets say you get your Losi Eight at $420. Pretty common price at most online retailers. Now the conversion sells for around $80. So you are looking at $500 for the kit. Take all of the stuff you wont be using from the nitro kit and sell it on Ebay or to local nitro guys. You should be able to get around $100 bucks or more for all of the stuff you wont use I would imagine if not more. You pretty much erased the price of the conversion and pocketed some extra cash. Install electronics of your choice and go racing...
Old 08-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ultragraffics
haulin - Why the Caster? How many races has its nitro car won? Compare that to the Losi's wins and accolades. One would have to be off their rocker to buy something else. Plus Losi parts can be had at 90% of the hobby shops around the nation. Losi is pretty much a household name in RC...

I have no clue the price on the Caster car...

But Lets say you get your Losi Eight at $420. Pretty common price at most online retailers. Now the conversion sells for around $80. So you are looking at $500 for the kit. Take all of the stuff you wont be using from the nitro kit and sell it on Ebay or to local nitro guys. You should be able to get around $100 bucks or more for all of the stuff you wont use I would imagine if not more. You pretty much erased the price of the conversion and pocketed some extra cash. Install electronics of your choice and go racing...
Yeah, $100 is usually how much the clutch goes for. I kept all my gear incase I loose some brain cells and go to nitro
Old 08-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

I see rollers on ebay for the 8ight without engine going for pretty cheap!

The main point I wanted to make was that there is no reason that the 8ight-E announcement should be delayed (unless they think that an early announcement will prevent people from buying their gas-8ight).

I really don't want a Caster...if Losi and AE had their electric 1/8th versions out already, my choice would be between those two.

Last edited by haulin79; 08-20-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Losi now have listed 8IGHT-E Body and 8IGHT-E Decals
http://www.phpbbplanet.com/losi8ight...orum=losi8ight
Old 08-21-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
So I think It pretty much goes without saying that, Losi wasn't actually working on a new BL chassis, but this conversion. That being said, I think it's cool as hell. I love how there offering a specific body for it.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Curious, is the 8ight-e body any different from the regular one? If you don't make the cut-outs for the engine, that is.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It looks different, more room for batteries!!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by shurcooL
Curious, is the 8ight-e body any different from the regular one? If you don't make the cut-outs for the engine, that is.
Doesn't have a cutout for the engine. Has some sort of channel to funnel air over the ESC.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:35 AM
TLRacing

The body was specifically designed to fit around the battery and electronics for the 8E Conversion. It also has vents to aid in cooling of the motor, battery and esc. It is also made out of .040" lexan to support the rigors of 1.8th racing.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Caster doesn't have Adam Drake running their cars or you would see them winning big races.

The nitro buggy is actually very good, and it's starting to get some attention at the tracks where it's being run.

Anyway.... the new electric buggy is hitting the states right now. Expect to see the sport roller for $300 and you can run a pair of any standard 1/10 packs.

Good to see others like Losi jump in on it. The more, the merrier. This is the future imho......
Old 08-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
The body was specifically designed to fit around the battery and electronics for the 8E Conversion. It also has vents to aid in cooling of the motor, battery and esc.
Are you just guessing/assuming or did you find that info somewhere?

I would assume the same type of changes, but it's pretty hard to make it out based on that small picture.

It is also made out of .040" lexan to support the rigors of 1.8th racing.
And the nitro body isn't?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Are you just guessing/assuming or did you find that info somewhere?
T.Hodge (Todd Hodge) I think he works for Losi

If he's not actually with the company you can bet that he has inside info.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Its still not as cool as my tekno kit.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by badassrevo
It looks different, more room for batteries!!
Really? That would be great if the sides sit a little higher. I am running 5S in my 8ight and it makes the body sit a slight but higher which rubs the paint off. Be sweet it this is higher

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.