Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help with buying a crawler

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? help with buying a crawler

i am looking just for a "toy" crawler that i can play with. something me and my 4 year old daughter can enjoy. lol, she cant control the stadium with its Sidewinder 6700kv brushless motor. so i figured a slower moving crawler for her to play with and for me to climb rocks would be perfect.

i am looking for RTR with a modest budget of 250 or so. i have looked into the Duratrax Cliff climber and the Losi 1/18 mini crawler along with the Axial ax10 rtr. the cliff climber looks ok and all with the 1/14 size, 4ws and locked diffs, but i have not seen a review on it yet and it looks a lil too stiff (no articulation). on the other hand the losi has gotten some pretty good reviews and she looks pretty flexible. both seem to be around 230. and for around 300 is the axial rtr, which got some ok reviews, but with the videos i have watched this truck seems more like a basher or a walmart truck rather than a crawler. it appears too fast (due to stock 27t motor) for crawling and it seems to have ZERO articulation. so i dont understand what makes it good.

any help is appreciated.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

here is a crawler to get you started.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23464
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

I'd go with the Losi 1/18 rock crawler RTR or Axial AX10 RTR if I were you. Probably the Losi if it's out soon, as your daughter might find it more 'cute'.

They're the only two I know (very) a little about, though.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I agree with the above. I'd go with either the Losi or Axial. The Losi is nice because of its size... you can use it indoors or outdoors, and since Losi is such a reputable company, I am sure the little truck will be very capable. As for the RTR Axial, it is quite a bit bigger (1/10 scale), but it is already tried and tested, and it is a very good beginner crawler. It also has countless upgrades available for it once you/your daughter become more experienced with crawling.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

to get a crawler rtr with your specifications your gonna spend close to $400...
you might want to look at the traxxas Slash I know it isnt a crawler but it is a heck of a lot of fun...rtr $200 bucks its waterproof and has a training mode so it will go slow....The slash has a big body that covers the wheels so it will be forgiving and easy to drive....they have awesome bumpers and are bullet proof, they have a great battery compartment that adjusts to every kinda pack out there....me and my son fight over who is going to bash it first...
We both have Axial crawlers as well...and a T4 and a B4....