MD, VA, DC Offroad Racers!!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MD, VA, DC Offroad Racers!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Jason, go with the FT TC3, it has everything you need to race competitive out of the box.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

I would also get the BRP front bumper brace, it saves the front arms from breaking.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

we will see i have placed a bid on ebay on a factory team tc3 for $200

right now it sits at 182.50 and im not going over $200 unitll the final minutes and even then not far past $200

i was trying to go cheap

i cant believe how much it costs for the damn kit most places want $270

i figured i could get one for $200 but it looks like i was wrong

i also bid on a new in box novak cyclone tc2 for $35

we will see what happens

also found batteries cheap

3300s for $47 buy it now number were 430-434 1.170-1.174 does that sound like a decent pack

what are your good packs greg

can i get a hook up from homer? i will pay but i dont want to pay too much

and greg what do you think about the super brain good deal or what
Old 09-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

I'd call Homer and see what he has or if he can get some. The packs I got from him we're better then those. I think their $50.

969, not sure yet on how well it performs but I'm looking at it because it does single cell up to I think 10-12 plus lead acid 12volt starter box batteries.

I'd say early that it's a good charger for the money but it doesn't have a on/off for trickle charge.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default 969 charger

i have the 969 and it works good for nitro like charging your starterbox and everything else

one bad thing about it is that if u dont set it up right for whatever you're charging, it wont charge right.

it also only charges up to 4.5amps and discharges at 3amps

its not an ideal charger for electric racing
Old 09-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Jason, The tc3 is a good car but the onlt thing I didnt like about it was it just didnt have enough steering, one thing I did do to correct it thou was but losi front steering blocks in it. If you were use to driving the losi you'll see what Im talking about. As for batteries get 3 3300 the 969 should be fine. This is why I kept your old xxxs for winter, something to do. Will you still be racing at mimi's this year if you decide to get all this stuff. I wouldnt mess with xray, Way to hard to setup, atleast it was for me. javier glad to hear you got the truck going, did you get the maxys yet? Yeah those packs sound pretty good to me, Mt best is 425sec. 1.179 volts, there SMC's
Old 09-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

KC, no maxys yet. It has been shipped and got a tracking number. Since it is hazmat it might take a bit longer. I sure hope it gets here for this weekend.

U get your engine yet? Are u coming with us to pasadena or staying down here? If russ dont show up, who are u gonna compete against?

Also the engine that you gave me with the truck, is that new or what? Just wondering cause I dont want to treat it as a broken in engine if it ain't.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Not sure about pasadena yet, The engine is fairly new, the guy said he just finished breaking it in. Let it rip, if it blows oh well!!! Nothing money cant fix. I havent got my engine yet, I just got home from work about 25 minutes ago, these 14 hour days are killing me, now you see why sometimes Im unprepared. Hopefully I'll have time to get it tommorrow, If not I'll get it Friday evening
Old 09-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

The engine feels pretty new. I ran about 6 tanks already thru it. I took it easy since traction was not the best. Engine should be broken in by now. Once I put some good tires on it up at pasadena then I'll let it do it's thing. Will still temps down on it since I dont need a lot of power to get out of control

It will be fun once we can all race ST down at dougs.

Old 09-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

hobbytown you need to hook me up with homer so i can get some nice packs too

$50 for packs with better number than those sounds great what can i get for more?

i figure i will get the cheapest car i can find which right now looks to be the xxx-s graphite which is what i used to have so i kinda know the setup (hows my car holding up KC)

speed control im still unsure any suggestions this area i may try to save some money i dont think speed control is going to make my car fast or slow (correct me if im wrong)

and i talked to a fried today who offered to sell his charger and power supply to me for even cheaper than the super brain so i will probably do that (its the silver fancy looking charger than dougs has is that good?)

if im going to do this ive got to be competitve or ill be pissed so ive got to save as much as i can for the best batteries and motors i can find

i figure after i get the things necessay to run electric if hobbytown does do offroad it will only cost me the price of the kit to race but if i sit around and dont get anyhting i probaly wont get to do anything all winter
Old 09-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Jason I forgot, if you need a charger I have a spare competion electronics pitbull I'll let you use. javier I dont think Im going to make it to pasadena this weekend, still no engine, it looks like rain Sunday anyway. Jason your old xxxs is great, I still basically have the same setup in it you had
Old 09-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

KC, fuel is in!! Give me a call (u have my cell number) so we can coordinate getting the fuel to you.

Rain forecast does not worry me when it pertains pasadena. the track drains awesome. Now if it is raining that day up there, thats another story.

Last edited by eltorito; 09-12-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Javier If your not busy maybe we can hook up tommorrow. You were right no engine, dougs called trinity today and come to find out trinity didnt have it in stock, Trinity said they would have them middle next week, so I guess I'll get it in a couple of weeks, Good thing I got the os from you!! How many stickers did they give you, are they cool looking?
Old 09-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Stickers look ok. got four of em so I'll give u 2. I'll give u a call to come up with something.

Told u to order it somewhere else!
Old 09-13-2003, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

the track is going to be a complete mud pit tommorrow if we get to race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.